x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

British engineering at its finest

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2015-02-09 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Essentially, the two metal clips that hold this Psion's sliding mechanism behind the case have detached, and I suspect one of the plastic holders has broken off.

Surprisingly the screen still works, and this is by the original ribbon cable, but there's no way I'm taking it anywhere before I have the chance, the will and the capability of repairing it.

A real shame 'cos I got this in mint condition a year ago, with the box and most of the documentation. The hinge has gradually cracked from being squeezed in a bag (it had it's case on though).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-10 1:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You're just too rough on them Paspie...HPCs are like women, most want to handled tenderly...
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2015-02-11 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I know you're joking but in terms of proper use I've used it maybe...two hours per month? On average...of course the batteries drain even when they're not used. I'll probably let the current cells run dry and not bother replacing them.

BTW, Psions are not HPCs, except the Netbook Pro.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-02-11 1:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hmmm...perhaps I was using the acronym HPC literally and not descriptively
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8