x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Chat - Requests/Ideas/Ports

Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi All,

From the varous other threads, only the more advanced users seem to be interested in Pocket Chat, come everyone, join in! We don't byte!

So has anyone got any more ideas for Pocket Chat? I'm currently looking at an Online Users section. Its more difficalt than I first expected. I've also looked at multiple rooms. That isn't so hard so any room requests are welcome.

Ports, Currently I have only ported Pocket Chat to HPC Pro and 2000, though it is reported to also work on Pocket PC 2002, I'm still going to do a PPC port.

CE .NET users, while the 'conference' is on, would anyone like to try it on their device?

Many Thanks,

Nick Charlton
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi Nick, I'll prob use the SL4 during the chat. btw, regarding the polls, you can create a new thread with a poll, indicating like 3 consecutive days and let users choose the one that they can make it for the chat.

That way we will have an idea of the appropriate days that we can have a multi-user chat for HPCfactor forum users.

Since you are the author of PocketChat, I suggest that you pick the dates around 2~3 weeks from now so that its not too far into the future that people may not be able to plan for it (or maybe forget by then) and its not too near that other commitments crop in.

Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 9:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Dear Nick,
maybe you can modyfy the protocol you are using for communication with msn messenger.

http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/resources/projects.php

I made a chat program as well for hpc/ppc, using some docs I found somewhere (Winsock tutorial I believe) but havent had the time to play with it more. I also tossed a little too much my way. since I tried from the beginning to communicate with the msn servers.

since your already quite deep on packet stuff thats being send and received, this shouldnt be too hard to implement.

On above listed sites are numerous opensource apps that talk with msn, and also a full description of the protocol with stuff being send, received etc is also on the site.

Goodluck.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Snappy, I do know how to create a poll Just wasn't quite sure on the content.

Thanks PocketDVD, I'll look into it . Looks a little complicated though. I don't want to loose its original purpose. (Chat with my server) So if I give it a go It'll be either an addin or just an slightly hidden extra.

At the moment I'm looking at converting and using NSBasic, then I will be able to enable emoticons.

Nick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9