x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

10 Year old becomes MCAD

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 8:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2139880/preteen-becomes-microsoft

All right, so we're all exceptionally dim and there's no hope left for any of us.
I vote we all just accept the inevitable, walk about with corn stalks trailing from out mouths and develop an unhealthy affinity for saying "Ya'll"?
Who's with me?

Bravo there to her. When I was 10 all I did with computers was watch them blink at me... oh wait.... I still do that
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 9:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

When I was 10, there were no computers in the sense we think of them today...even the Apple I was over a decade away...

So how does it work in Pakistan...a bunch of young children all walk barefooted into town at 5:00 am, there are a bunch of old computers sitting on rickety old tables, wires strung all over the place, a single fan blowing hot air while all the kids program for 16 hours a day at 17 cents an hour...dreaming of traveling to America?

In the meantime some old greasy guy with foul cigar paces up and down the aisle, smacking a few of the kids on the back of the head when they start to talk or are not producing the required lines of code they should...

Simultaneously, numerous software companies in the US pass out pink slips to their programmers, stating that the business is relocating overseas and their services are no longer needed.

Rich

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 10:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

What's wrong with saying ya'll?

Edited by Yoldering 2005-07-16 10:15 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 10:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think that given your rather, deflated, stereotype there of Pakistan... and should it be even remotely true (which I doubt).
The girl deserves the credit and the opportunity to go see Bill Gates even more than some 'western' kid who did it in a nice air conditioned lab, who moaned relentlessly that the P4 3GHz he was having to suffer using (because it wasn't a 3.4GHz) didn't have enough RAM (4GB) in it.

... and what's this about not getting beaten by the gaffer the States?
Next you'll tell me you get painkillers when you sever a finger in the comptometer mechanism!

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Bravo, Smart lass eh? let's see ... 10years old ... not started yet ... more like 12+ years old for me ... too bad the environment back then was not so flourished ...

On the side note, I never once took any MCSE, MCP, or any MC## whatever exams ...
 Top of the page
toekneeb Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wow 10 years old I was reading Roald Dahl books then, a few years later at 12 i was messing with a C64, but certs wow impressive.

It is an amazing feat but i have a hard time motivating myself for retaking my CCNA,

Maybe bill is trying to get her on side so that she doesn't start the company that spells the beginning of the end

hey it happened to the big blue right

T
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 7:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In what may be construed as 'expected' some people in India, on hearing this, contacted Microsoft stating that they had an 8 year old with a MSC, there for India has the youngest qualified MSC, not Pakistan.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9