x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE emulation on Android

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-12-05 3:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've been playing around running the BOCHS 2.5.1 on my ASUS tablet. I tried it in both 800x600 mode and 640x480 mode. Both work fine.

Kinda weird running CE on an Android tablet as an application.

The question I have is this: Is there a CE6 version of the CE image out there or is it CE5 only?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-05 7:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try this link:

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Embedded-CE/3000-2070_4-75451094.html

It will download a setup.exe file that in turn appears to pull the components from the Web for installation. (I executed this file and went part way through the setup process, where it says that there are three components included: Platform Builder, Shared Source, and OS Support. I didn't complete the installation process because it won't install Platform Builder unless it detects Visual Studio 2005 on the PC, which I don't have yet but have already been looking into picking up if I can get it cheap on eBay or elsewhere.)

How has CE 5 run thus far in BOCHS? Is it slow at all? Does the touchscreen work?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-12-06 12:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

A little slow I guess, but not drastically so. Touchscreen works for arrow movement, but you have to use the volume up/down key to simulate left/right mouse clicks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8