x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

iBiz Pocket Radio

Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 12:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Here's a cool device for Pocket PCs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151912271421

I'd buy it, but I wouldn't have a way to get its software onto my pocket pcs...plus I can only imagine how much additional strain it'd put on the battery. Would be fun though.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 5:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not a new device to us here -

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0043.asp

My rendering of this eBay listing shows under "Sponsored Links" another one listed by Sears Marketplace for about 75 USD. I laughed when I saw that since it originally retailed for 50 USD.

Too bad iBIZ never came out with an SD version for CE devices, since a lot of newer CE devices don't have CF slots. (iBIZ did make an SD version, but it was only for Palm OS devices.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 2:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I recently purchased a set of headphones for my wife so she could listen to the local FM radio stations while she walked outdoors. Everything is built into the headphones, runs forever on a pair of AAA batteries and the total price was $7 at Big Lots.

The iBiz radio was a novel concept to minimize the number of devices you had to carry...but I agree with Chuck E...it probably devoured your battery while using it.

I wonder if it would work using my CF to SD card adapter? They did make an SD radio for the Palm...hmmm, wonder if that could work with the CE software with some minor hacking...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Go, Rich, go!

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-19 10:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are now tiny FM radio receivers (like the two Cowon ones I picked up cheap on eBay some time ago) that make this device more obsolete than CE.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 18