x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIMpad problems - how to copy & paste??

Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 2:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I can't sync Outlook with Pocket on-Schedule. Downloaded netonschedoemsetup.exe from http://www.odysseyinc.com/. Installed it and it fails because of an error on the SIMpad:

http://www.atoah.com/files/error.jpg

The SIMpad came with Outlook in the "extras" folder so that's what I'm using for my PIM at the moment.

So then I have been trying to just hand copy some email addresses to the SIMpad (sent an email to myself and picked it up on the SIMpad with emails contained within this email)and paste them into POS by hand, but POS seems to have no copy and paste at all in their menu. They have "copy to template" which I don't understand.

Has anyone found ANY way to get their contact information into the CE 4.1 Pocket On-Schedule?

My Zaurus has a copy/paste icon in the task bar which works in ANY application - oh, how I love Linux pdas!!

Is there some way to copy and paste on the SIMpad which I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 5:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll summise that the Host sync client is not the same version as the H/PC one, so as a safeguard it's blocking transactions.
Drop them another email and give them until the end of the week. If you've not heard back, I'll make enquiries as to what's going on.
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 4:13 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there,

I too am trying to achieve the same!

Although I get a different message, I have the same issue in that I cannot synch to Outlook.
I have tried both the .net and the HPc versions and get the same error (on the desktop) for each.

I emailed odyssey twice and eventually got a response which was to re-install acvtivesync 3.8 (I currently run 4.0), I tried this but it made no difference.

Out of interest, if you go onto the HPC software and click sync from there, do you get any messages?
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 9:12 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

On the SIMpad I don't have anything in the Pocket On-Schedule software or on the "Start" button which indicate "sync". So I DID try double-clicking on the executable which was installed on the SIMpad in the POS Program Files folder with the netonschedoemsetup.exe, i.e., OsSyncCE.exe, and it generates an error message on the SIMpad of, " 'OsSyncCE' is not a valid Windows CE application."

The http://www.odysseyinc.com/ tech support told me to reinstall the netonschedoemsetup.exe on the SIMpad, which I did, but it made no difference.

Now originally when I installed the software on my device, it asked to overwrite 3 files and I have chosen "no" each time but once. The one time I chose "yes" the Pocket On-Schedule would not start and said it could find certain files (forget what files exactly).

The files it asks to overwrite are: possusa.dll, posutil.dll and hpconsched.htm.

I may try to reinstall everything today and choose to overwrite those files - I'm always leery of that. I usually try to rename them before the install so I can go back to them but in some cases the SIMpad won't even allow you to SEE them to rename them. I DO have show all files checked before someone asks.
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 9:48 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

If you have any joy - let me know!

I will do the same.

Mike
 Top of the page
kennc Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 8:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't have a solution, but I have a path to a different problem. I also tried the sync software available from Odyssey and was presented with the the error message stating that the on-schedule on the simpad was .1 versions too old. I looked around and found http://simpad.pdaclub.pl/faq.htm#23 , which is in Polish I think. I can't read it but there is a question titled "Jak ustawić synchronizację Pocket On-Schedule z Outlookiem?" The response contains two links. The second is a dead link to a cab to put on the simpad and the other is a link to an older outlook sync install. When I installed this one, it didn't tell me that there was a mismatch in on-schedule versions and it allows me to press the sync button, but it comes up with a new error message, " Database error 80040154". This probably muddies the water a bit more, but maybe someone will find it useful.

Edited by kennc 2005-07-18 8:33 PM
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 12:52 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The database error you mention is the same as the one I get when I try to sync to my ce.net 4.1 bSquare PHH
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-07-27 8:50 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thought I'd repost this in this thread in case someone is just following THIS thread for a solution.

The techs at http://www.odysseyinc.com/ came up with a solution:

Download and install only to your desktop netonschedoemsetup.exe from http://www.odysseyinc.com/Subpages/Downloads/On-Schedule/index.htm

Uninstall the Pocket On-Schedule from your SIMpad that is presently on it.

On your desktop PC, go to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Pocket On-Schedule

Copy the h2kOnsched.WCE400_ARMV4.CAB and paste onto your mobile device.
Then tap on the file to start the installation.

Then in Microsoft Outlook you should be able to set up a folder to sync and sync successfully. It also will allow you to sync from within Active Sync also, although I have not tried that yet.

Can't vouch for this working on anything other than the SIMpad SL4.

Hope this helps someone.

I also figured out how to copy and paste...in most cases you can use the virtual keyboard and the usual ctrl-c ctrl-v....even in Pocket On-Schedule.
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 5:25 PM
#
Tombraider - 2005-07-27 1:50 PM

<snip>
> Uninstall the Pocket On-Schedule from your SIMpad that is presently on it.
Erm, I could not uninstall mine and I could not rename the 3 files that you mention above; the system says they cannot be modified because they are stored in ROM.

<snip>

> It also will allow you to sync from within Active Sync also, although I have not tried that yet.

Synchronization from Outlook is fine but not from MS Activesync (henceforth known as Inactivesync)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11