x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 questions

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, it's never that simple. The ROM chip is a daughter board anyway, so it isn't that destructive.

RJ11 and RJ45 are just connector types. It's a data cable. You can pipe down it whatever you like. The heads are uniquely synonymous with Modems and Networks respectivly as that is where the standard is.
The converters are for when the two worlds clash. I have several in use here.

See above.

... and for what it's worth, I'm in England also.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:28 PM
#
So a convertor wouldnt work because im trying to pump stuff from a rj45 cable connected to a pc running ICS into a modem..?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You said it.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:32 PM
#
might there be a card i can plug into the PCMCIA slot that has a connector on it for RJ45 so estinally i can plug it into a wired network since i dont feel like forking out for a wireless netowrk just to get my jornada onto the net
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, as cmonex and myself already pointed out. See the HCL.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:39 PM
#
Ok, and is there an IRC client and MSN messenger avalible for jornada? I didnt see one int he downloads section

And where would i get/install that longhorn theme cmonex had?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think that particular skin images on cmonex's home page was one I sent while we were testing some bits with wisbar advance.
There's a thread in the general forum with a download of my Longhorn beta 1 skin for wisbar, and there are gigabar skins of that particular 'M6' version as well as XP and KDE which I have made.

Yes there are, I'll let cmonex help you on IRC - cmonex is something of our very own expert
MSN wise, there is no formal client, but there is the basic version of iMov as well as Microsoft Portrait. Google for more.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 7:55 PM
#
Yeh im somewaht of an IRC expert

How about using the Java client on the site i admin, teamuix.com or cant the jornada handle the wasteage of Java, i know my 1ghz 256ram can just about run java apps. I imagine they would be disterous on a jornada

---

Btw i found an adaptor http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=8959523519&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=62795

------------

Yet another app request is for an FTP app... also when your saving files with the jornada office stuff etc etc, where is it saved, just in RAM? Which is why i imagine they go when doing a "hard" reset

Edited by BxN 2005-07-17 7:57 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-07-18 1:45 AM

I think that particular skin images on cmonex's home page was one I sent while we were testing some bits with wisbar advance.

no, that's the one i copied hehehe

BxN - 2005-07-18 1:39 AM

Ok, and is there an IRC client and MSN messenger avalible for jornada? I didnt see one int he downloads section

oh about irc ircce does the job though it won't work with every server (it might help if you set your user ident to the same as your user/nickname). and there's a (ibm) java irc client if you really need to connect to a server that ircce doesn't handle. (fortunately the servers i use all work OK with ircce, problem is mainly with undernet it seems but i never use that)
java will work fine, if the app is compatible with personaljava, with sun's personaljava of course... or maybe you can get a little more with jeode / creme / ewe etc. jvms but sun's personaljava handles my (few) java apps the best... it isn't too slow, the loading of an app takes several seconds but after that it's ok
uhm and i don't know why your desktop is slow at java, mine is fine (1.4 Ghz but celeron, and 384 ram).
sorry but this belkin lan card you've linked here is cardbus, you can use only 16 bit pcmcia or CF cards look at the HCL as we said!
oh and rj45 connector.. my lan card has a proprietary connector that works with its own cable and that's sooo short but on the other hand it is very nice, doesn't stick out etc.
ftp: the newest version of totalcommander CE is great and free. vxftp is about as fast as TC but costs money i wouldn't recommend ceftp, very slow (free though).
you can save files in ram and on CF too.. i'd recommend CF of course (nonvolatile storage, you see). you really should read through that manual and read the forums too here!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

BxN - 2005-07-17 5:55 PM

BxN,

Belkin 10/100 Network Cardbus Card 32bitadapter/f+enet Cardbus Rj45

the card is 32bit and does not work as existing HPCs do not support 32bit cardbus, only 16bit pccards are supported.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 1:10 PM
#
I wondered, whats this HCL you keep pointing me to?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 3:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well.. if you click on the link and pay it a visit all should become clear

http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=10

HCL = Hardware Compatibility List
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hmmm ... maybe its not all that clear that there is a HCL in hardware? hmmm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hardware compatibility list, http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

edit: well, i've checked before posting.. but the replies weren't there yet. interesting
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 4:00 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-07-18 8:44 AM

hardware compatibility list, http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl

And mine would be in the 2000 chart ?

[img]http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/homepage/3-0_logo.gif[/img]
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8