x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How Can I Move Data Between HP Jornada 720 and PC

H.S.G Page Icon Posted 2016-03-10 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My PC is running Windows 10, and so when I attempt to run Microsoft ActiveSync, I receive the message 'Microsoft ActiveSync doesn't work on this version of Windows.'. Along with this, The Jornada 720 itself gives me the message 'Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote Networking could not start due to a critical error (Error 678).'

Is there any in which I can transfer data between my Jornada and my PC? (Short of a CF Card reader). If it's of any use, I do have my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson P900) which can transmit data via infra-red, and which can also receive files from the PC via Bluetooth. If the Jornada 720 can accept a file transmitted via infra-red without the need for any applications not pre-loaded in the ROM, I'm sure I can get my phone to send it the files and third-party applications I wish to use... A convoluted method, especially given how my P900 and the PC don't always get along, but I could manage with it.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-03-10 9:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I am going to assume you have a wifi card with your J720 and can connect to the internet since you mentioned remote networking. If so, just upload your file somewhere and then download it on the other machine. If you don't have a file server available, then make it an email attachment and mail it to yourself.
 Top of the page
H.S.G Page Icon Posted 2016-03-10 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unfortunately not, the Jornada merely mentions remote networking in its error message. It's wired up via a USB cable linking the docking cradle to the PC. The P900 is behaving and I've been able to send it a file from my PC, which it in turn can transmit via infra-red, but I'm not sure how I establish a connection between the Jornada and the P900, neither of them can find the other at the moment.

UPDATE:

Instead of taking the infra-red route, whilst browsing the forums I came across Greghodson's website (http://jornada720.net84.net/connecting-to-pc/) and I'm following in his footsteps, as he was able to successfully connect his Jornada 720 to a Windows 7 PC using the docking station. So, I've installed Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for Windows Vista (64-bit), and downloaded the Windows Vista x64 USB Driver 1.0.2 (beta) from this website, only trouble is, I haven't a clue what the latter is and what I should do with it. It's in the form of an .exe file, I've ran it, and I'm now being asked where I want to place the extracted files... Where might that be?

Edited by H.S.G 2016-03-10 10:03 PM
 Top of the page
H.S.G Page Icon Posted 2016-03-10 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, I've sorted it out, I placed the aforementioned files into ...AppData/Temp, and it's working perfectly, I can use Windows Mobile Device Centre to transfer files between my PC and Jornada. Fantastic, thank you Greghodson.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9