x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with Stylus Calibration

cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 8:21 PM
#
About a month ago, I accidentally dropped my J680 off of a dresser. It was in it's storage bag. However, it would not go active afterwards. I opened the keyboard and reseated the memory module, but the unit still would not turn on. Doing a soft reset made no difference.

Today, on a whim, I tried the unit again. To my surprise the unit powered up and screen came on. However, it had reset to the default configuration and needed to be setup again.

I tried to calibrate the stylus. Although the stylus is recognized during the calibration process (ie. the screen detects the stylus and the cross moves to the next position), it never completes. It just keeps going through the stylus calibration mode over and over until I press "esc" to exit.

Does anybody have any ideas that might help?
 Top of the page
exscentric Page Icon Posted 2005-07-18 11:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Couple things. I had one with the problem and service suggested something to try on the alignment. When you try to align, tap and hold on the target, hold until the target moves to the next position. Tap and hold till it moves on etc. till it is finished. They had some problems of this sort it seems.

Try that a few times if that doesn't work try a hard reset - book will tell you how. You will probably loose some data/programs.

Finally if you pull the cover on the screen there is a little ribbon lead that plugs into the screen, push on it a little to be sure it is seated.

I think the other end might also be able to come loose - someone else might know for sure.

Trust something works.
 Top of the page
cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 9:54 AM
#
Unfortunately the touchscreen no longer responds to the stylus at all. I have reseated the cable on the back of the screen but it makes no difference. Otherwise it works just fine.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9