x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS : Tiger Direct has a MP780 for 129.99 (ON SALE!)

nktech Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 11:35 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1242214&Sku=P34-1000

If anyone is interested to buy a or another MP780 then its on sale from TigerDirect today. I gotta tell you i ordered one and it was a great buy!

Edited by nktech 2005-07-19 11:40 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Mmm actually they've been selling that for a while, and as I said on another thread, they've effectively driven prices of all MP7xx down on eBay. I suggest it is a good time to bid for a MP790 instead.

BTW, nktech, do not cross-post. Some even consider it spam.

Edited by takwu 2005-07-19 6:22 PM
 Top of the page
zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 2:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

They don't have any in stock anymore. I went to order one, having seen it the previous day, and it was gone. I put a call in to the corporate account manager at TigerDirect, and he confirmed that they're no longer stocking the MobilePro's, at least for now.

So I snagged a MobilePro 790 off of eBay for $160 CDN... just waiting for it, and I'm hoping it's all I hope it'll be..

My first H/PC! I hope I don't get scammed... (I've never bought anything off of eBay before.)
 Top of the page
=TX= King
=TX= King Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 3:53 AM
#
I hope you dont get mad at me or anything, but Tiger direct told me I got the last one.

Funny that I just saw the guy on a forum board who almost bought the MP780 I have in my bedroom now...

Edit: Reason I know it was the same one is because they only had one in stock for several weeks...

Edited by =TX= King 2005-08-12 3:57 AM
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Strange, Tiger says they have 780s in stock. People may want to consider going for a NEC790 instead. I have both and wish I had not bought the 780. The 790 is much easier to find and install software for.

I discovered something fascinating. If you want a 790 for a great price and a unit that looks great, consider buying one at auction from Unityelectronics.com... Evidently, Unity is primarily an eBay seller. I discovered that if you buy from the unity website you pay more and get less!

Possibly because buyers get to give public feedback on eBay sales, Unity seems to ship their best units to eBay buyers. I bid on and won a Unityelectronics NEC790 at eBay auction for less than $140 including shipping! It is a beaut. Looks and works like brand new. The 790 they sent looks like the quality of used PC Tigerdirect ships. Also, the shipping charge was less than what Unity charges for items bought from their web site!

By the way, the Tigerdirect Jornada 680e is marked down below $100 right now! I love Jornada design & quality but the larger NEC keyboards are perfect for me!

---Bruised

Top of the page
zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No worries, I don't hold it against you I have ordered a 790, so I am hopeful it'll be worth the extra wait and cost.

You are safe. No retaliation shall come your way Nor any Ninjas....
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Unityelectronics.com appears to be primarily an ebay seller. I discovered if you buy refurbished Handhelds from Unity at eBay auction that arrive in the like-new condition tigerdirect tends to ship for considerably more and for more shipping\handling

Recently, Unity has been auctioning NEC MobilePro 790 units on eBay. I got one for under $140 total. Even the shipping was less than it is on the Unity site and the condition of the 790 was like-new! Buy one from the Unity site and they usually do not look very good but function well. Unity charges nearly $200 for a 790 on their site. They also claim the same box weighs quite a bit more than it does. I didn't pay $7 S\H for the 790 I won from Unity eBay auction.

Before you buy a Handheld from the Unity site, you may first want to make sure you cannot get it from Unity auction on eBay for significantly less. I think sending the top units to eBay customers is motivated by the fact that eBay has feedback, a real example of the consumer power that we can get from buying online.

Maybe we should stop buying from online retailers for whom we can not register feedback through a single 3rd party source? So far, the alleged 3rd party customer feedback sources are BS, retailer oriented.

Reseller.com, for instance, is pure BS, which is why all lower service retailers link prospective buyers to it. Besides, a lot of retailers at Resellers have less than 20 customer comments. Even eBay sellers can stack 20 - 40 Feedbacks in their favor. Sellers have forums and the rip-offs do help each other out, which is why I always examine feedback comments, looking for duplicate, "private", etc "customers".
Also click "From Buyers" when Feedback is less than 500. I've seen what seemed like a good gamble buy instantly shrink to a pure gamble as "From Buyers" turned up zero or a few Feedback!

Oh, a heads up. Visit globalcomputer.com and compare the site to tigerdirect.com
It gets even more interesting when you click on customer comments or feedback. Then, compare the feedback with the feedback for the same item at tigerdirect. What gives with this?

I am going to call tigerdirect and ask them how many other names and sites they sell under and why. Oh, Global also claims 30 years in business.

Is it ethical to created new sites and company names, hiding connection to the actual company? I was a businessman for 25 years. I consider such a practice highly unethical and I am suspicious of such conduct. Their are retail groups, that is normal, but they list the other companies, partly to promote them. They do not hide them or pretend they are not connected.

...Of course, this is all my humble opinion

---Bruised
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.144 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10