x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Death Star

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Here is the Death Star Sub-woofer

Death Star on ze Bay

Questions on Death Star on ze Bay

Q: Will you ship to America? 20-Jul-05
A: Shipping to the US will cost ~$500 according to Fedex / UPS website. I will ship to the US if the buyer covers the cost of shipping.

Q: is the speaker easily interchangeable with any other 12" subwoofer? 19-Jul-05
A: Yes, totally interchangable Regards Andy

Q: How about a real question... Is the stand included? 18-Jul-05
A: Yes, the stand is included... and the speaker cable adorned with gold plated 4mm plugs.

Q: Will it include any anti-attack firing batteries to ensure my girlfriend doesn't mount a sneak attack? I suspect she is a rebel sympathizer. 16-Jul-05
A: It's defenses against girlfriends are a known weakness... hence the reason it's on ebay

Q: Look at the size of that thing! 16-Jul-05
A: Cut the chatter, Red 2.

Q: Do you still have the plans for this death star or have they been stolen? 15-Jul-05
A: I find your lack of faith disturbing... http://www.objectreality.co.uk/DeathStarPlans

Q: If your "deathstar" subwooofer had a stand-up fight with a "borg cube" all-in-1 hi-fi then who'd win and how? 15-Jul-05
A: The Death Star can destroy a planet. I can't imagine it would struggle against a gramophone with a built in wireless and auto-reverse cassette deck.

Q: Please can you confirm whether it is the black or red thermal exhaust port that leads directly to the Main Reactor? 15-Jul-05
A: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Q: Does it have an artifical gravity generator? 14-Jul-05
A: No, it relies on real gravity.

Q: What sort of defenses does it have, if on the off chance.. there is a Rebel attack. I don't really want to cough up for this only to have it destroyed by some pesky X-Wing fighters. 13-Jul-05
A: It protects itself by oscillating the atmosphere around it at low frequencies. An X-Wing would fall apart before it got close.

Q: I appreciate you not being able to offer shipping - would you be able to give me a hand loading it? I don't think it will fit in my car, do you think it would be possible to get it on a roof rack? Thanks. 13-Jul-05
A: I can give you a hand of course. Being a sphere I'm not sure it would be suitable for a roof rack. I've never tried, but it would probably go in a hatch back with the seats down.

Q: I have a "Cloud city on the gas planet Besbin" AV receiver. Are they compatable? 13-Jul-05
A: The Death Star cannot be powered by line level alone, you could not destroy a planet with line level. It needs an external amplifier, you can buy mine

Q: Does it include a tractor beam? 13-Jul-05
A: For health and safety reasons I decided not to include a tractor beam. If you recall, it all started to go wrong for Darth Vader following the use of such a device.

Q: If I can't collect, can it fly through space to me instead? 13-Jul-05
A: That would require a pilot of considerable skill.

Q: A speaker you say? so it's NOT a moon. Do I get lots of little Storm Troopers living in it too?? 13-Jul-05
A: I'm unable to disclose this information, you may be part of the Rebel Alliance.

You need more? Here you go ...
http://www.objectreality.co.uk/DeathStarPlans/

Edited by Snappy! 2005-07-20 9:56 AM

(deathstar_qa (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments deathstar_qa (Medium).JPG (99KB - 6 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 11:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My word, it's just like a Microsoft experts chat in there.
Rambling about sci-fi
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 3:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Q: Do you still have the plans for this death star or have they been stolen?

Ok I'm gonna have to ask a question and see if it gets answered... oops too late, bidding just ended. Prolly best not to disturb the guy

BTW, here's a much cooler Death Star II:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10143&cn=8&d=5&t=3

Edited by takwu 2005-07-20 3:19 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes, indeed, the Lego DS is really wAy much cooler!
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 6:06 AM
#
Man, a LOOOTTTA love has gone into that speaker (or amplifier, or whatever it is)...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 8:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a Sub (woofer) - can ya feel the base. Well... can ya?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 4:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-07-21 5:19 AM

It's a Sub (woofer) - can ya feel the base. Well... can ya?

mmm I don't know if it was intentional but... mmm... it's "bass"
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 7:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nope, not intentional. That's me being a plank.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9