x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Backing up to CF on MobilePro 780 with 790 ROM

RobertJSawyer Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 9:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a NEC MobilePro 780, bought used, which came with the upgrade 790 ROM installed.

As I understand it, the 780 originally came with bUseful Backup, to allow backing up of all RAM contents to CF (this is referenced in the 780 User's Guide).

However, bUseful Backup apparently isn't part of the 790 software suite -- it's not mentioned at all in the 790 User's Guide, and is nowhere on my machine. The only backup strategy discussed in the manual is using ActiveSync to backup to the host PC.

I want to be able to back up to my CF card, and restore/recover from that while on the road, away from my host PC. What would y'all recommend for that?

Cheers,

Rob

----------------
ROBERT J. SAWYER, Science Fiction Writer

Best Novel HUGO AWARD winner for HOMINIDS
Best Novel NEBULA AWARD winner for THE TERMINAL EXPERIMENT

http://www.sfwriter.com * sawyer@sfwriter.com
----------------
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

From what I know, you should be able to backup the bSquare Backup software while you have the 780 ROM in place. Backup to a CF card. Then install the 790 ROM. Copy or install the bSquare app over to the storage area.
 Top of the page
RobertJSawyer Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

All of that makes sense, and thank you. But I don't have the 780 ROM; my system came only with the 790 ROM installed. And bSquare doesn't seem to sell their backup software anymore. Any other possible solutions?

Cheers,

Rob
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-23 9:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Try removing the 790 ROM from beneath and see if you can find the bSquare app. If so, proceed with the steps I suggested. If not, PM me.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 5:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sent you an email/file...

But on these hybrids, the thing to do is to copy all the bUseful backup programs files off the Mobilepro before making the rom swap, and then copy them back on afterwards....

Rich
 Top of the page
RobertJSawyer Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Many thanks, all! My problem is solved.

Cheers,

Rob
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.170 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12