x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine

The most usable handheld in 2018?
Moderators: C:Amie

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [15 messages per page]

Forums · General Discussion · Handheld PC General Discussion

Posted 2019-01-12 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, being a HUGE fan of the Nokia Communicator line, I'm going to have to jump on one of these when they come to market. Thanks C:Amie for bringing this to my attention.
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-12 10:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All part of the service

Let us know if you get one.
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-13 9:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Jake,

I'm using outlook 2007 on the latest build of Win 10. It stopped working last year but now works again and syncs PIM perfectly.

Connect the HPC and after a couple of attempts Win10 should download WMDC.

Then
Open comand window and add these reg edits
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

RESTART PC
Set WMDC to Vita compatable

Run WMDC - Helpexe. As admin
FOUND HERE http://www.junipersys.com/Juniper-Systems-Rugged-Handheld-Computers...

RESTART PC
Run WMDC and connect

I have my J728 sync with 2 win 10 PC's and this worked like a charm!

Happy syncing
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-13 10:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Anyone willing to volunteer to write an article for the support section, with installation instructions and screen shots on how to get it working with Windows 10? Also what Office versions it'll work with?
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-14 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
fantablium--am I correct in assuming that those two reg edits allow the machines to be reconnected without a restart? Or is the reg editing needed to make the connection in the first place?

Jake
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-17 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, it stops you needing restarts or at least having done this I can connect and reconnect my J728 without any soft resets or PC restarts. The site I linked tells you what the reg edits do but its beyond me....

The WMDC won't do any office conversions. I mostly save pocket word in RTF so no conversion needed. I also bought SoftMaker office for HPC (it on the CD from used handhelds) so I can open and work on any .doc or .xls natively.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Posted 2019-01-17 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can make a walk through on connecting with windows 10. Might be a couple of weeks but it will be easy enough.
 Top of the page
hpc:factor« View previous thread · Handheld PC General Discussion · View next thread »

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [15 messages per page]

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9
Server Time now is: Tuesday, 22 January 2019 - 11:34