x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I need some advice about HPC ...

Aki
Aki Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 10:51 AM
#
I need a HPC or similar like NEC MP that can surf on Internet like a notebook , I mean without too much limitation, especially for java application 'cause I need to work with java charts.
Thank you in advance for every suggestion.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

NEC 900C with IE6 is quite good or if you want more screen resolution then smartbook G138 or its variants (coxion, zupera, demolux dbook, etc..). or sigmarion 3 or if you have a lot of money: Psion Netbook Pro. that's about all (if you're not interested in the various kinds of webpads).
as for java, i can't promise anything, does your java app *definitely* require the newest jdk? sometimes they will work with a hpc, sometimes not. but if it's personal java compliant (or a little newer than that) you have more chance several java vm's are available for hpc's (some even for free), maybe one of them will work.. or not.
i can test your java application, if you're interested.. just send it to me

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-24 12:16 PM
 Top of the page
Aki
Aki Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 3:59 PM
#
first of all sorry for my english, I've a mobilepro 780 but I can't see web page with java contents for example java charts and I think that I can't do nothing about it with mobilepro 780 I' m looking for another HPC (or PDA if it support Wi-Fi) that consent me to see web pages with java contents.

Thank you again
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, if you give me links, i'll try to test them on a 900C
 Top of the page
Aki
Aki Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:46 AM
#
ok could you try this: www.downloadquotes.com , there're some interactive charts.

Thanks

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, let me see.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 2:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How did you come out CMonex? I looked at it on my desktop and realized what he meant...the Webcharts.. but they don't seem to work on my 900C. You have any luck?

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-07-25 2:54 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 4:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm not sure if i understand.. there's a chart right on the main page. is this one of the webcharts?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you meant the interactive charts they won't work by default, as they need a real jvm, but you can install jeode for IE or just use Netfront3 with netfront3 even the j728 can handle them, but it's a little slow and the hvga display isn't ideal for it. the 900C is faster (ok, XScale is really better! ), and i prefer IE6 with jeode as you can press Ctrl+T (full screen.. thanks for your tip on it, Rich ) and then it looks usable (enough space then)! jeode is slower with it than netfront3 but looks better because of the full screen mode about speed.. even my PC isn't too fast with it.. 900 is so-so (728 is slow ).
the plain charts work without java (IE6 will handle them by default), or don't they on yours, Rich? (or you meant something else)
or should i have tested something entirely different? sorry then (and tell me what to test *exactly*!)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i realize now (looking at this post below) you all meant the interactive charts

Aki - 2005-07-25 2:46 PM

ok could you try this: www.downloadquotes.com , there're some interactive charts.

so.. even a hpc2000 device can do it but you need more space than hvga. get a vga hpc2000 hpc, or get a 900C where you can set IE to full screen and then it is ok.
 Top of the page
Aki
Aki Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 2:34 AM
#
ok cmonex, now, first to buy another HPC, I'd like know if there's any possibility with MP 780 to see these interactive charts .

Many thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-27 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad if i could be of some help

no, i'm not too sure about MP780.. it has hpc pro, and i know of no decent java vm's for hpc pro that will integrate into IE (pjava won't do it ). try to get a hpc2000 device and don't forget that the interactive charts don't look good on a HVGA hpc. MP900C is an exception because of the full screen option in IE! (i never found a full screen option in earlier versions of IE in earlier versions of windows CE)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11