x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 1:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

This looks like a decent price. I think I'll get 2 for my nieces' MP780s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5792090056&category=29848&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

There seems to be plenty to go around, so I had no worries about going up against another Factorite when bidding on it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow...
if only it were CF! i'd buy one at once!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Must resist! Great deal for those that can use it in their pcmcia slot and put their wifi into the cf slot. Guess that rules out a lot of folks tho'

Geez, I'm so tempted for my Amity / Librettos. Such easy expansion for cheap. Well, I'll em the vendor and see how much shiiping to Canada would be. Thanks for the headsup.

Just a friendly reminder. These drain your batteries plenty quick if you do intensive r/w operations. For some folks these will be best suited under AC power.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-24 6:41 PM
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 9:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After giving two MP780s to my nieces for school work and play, they have found the devices to be very useful. Plus they seem to get a kick out of showing them off and explaining it's capabilities. Their biggest complaint though, is lack of storage space.. Apparently, they want to show the iPod kiddie crowd their MP780s can play music for hours as well, (and not tell anyone it's mono) in addition to being far more useful in school. Now, I've been using a PCMCIA hard drive and a Magicstor microdrive in my own MP780 and MP880 for a while with no problems, and the battery life was surprisingly decent. About 4 hours of continuous play time on a charge with the backlight off. Longer with intermittent access, of course so I wasn't worried about the power consumption. And the nieces have spare batteries they hardly use. So, I've been on the lookout for cheap multi-gigabyte storage, and found this. I think the biggest power drain is during writing of data. Reading back was fairly decent. Not the 6+ hours on CF cards of course. Maybe I should tell them to just write to the front CF card, then use the drive for drag-and-drop archiving. One quick burst of writing, and it's done. Heck, the nieces have been telling me their classmates want MP780s as well. Chiefly the ones doing a Quasi-Modo immitation with 10 pound laptops... With 4 pound chargers and 3 pound spare batteries.. That can't be good for immature spines, wot?

Looks like I'm getting turned into an MP780 dealer for the local school... LOL

It's depressing when you know many of those kids can afford an MP900 while I can't...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm glad you found those, i purchased one....and i actully have 2 pc card slots in my DreamWirter IT so all thats space and wireless i'll have now
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 10:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

yeah, its sad when we don't have parents who will fork out lavish us with loads of money (or cards) for us to get the newest, biggest, bestest gadgets!
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 1:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think spoiling a kid rotten is one of the utter worst things you can do to them. Messes them up for life.

Now, if you have the means on the other hand, then I see nothing wrong with providing them tools. Useful tools that they will use for a good long time. Not just toys.

Hey, you're stuck with them for two decades or more, might as well do a good job of it, or it's all for nought.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 9:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Related deals ...

Kingston Elite Pro 2 GB CompactFlash Card - CF/2GB-S
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10390647&loc=&PageFormat=1

Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

This dreamwriter was DEFINITLY a great buy for $20 bucks.... !

built in floppy, ethernet, 2 pccard slots, printer port, 33.6 modem, ps2 port, printer port, vga out port....Big Yes, but still instant on when compared to a laptop !
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 29