x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A few questions about IR and Wireless

nktech Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 3:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

First off, I have a NEC MobilePro 780 but i cannot seem to get the IR to work. I have a Compaq Ipaq which also has IR so i tried beaming a file from one to the other but the NEC does not respond? Any reason why this could be happening?
Also i have an Orinoco Silver B Wireless Card and it works fine when i do not have WEP turned on. However when i do turn on WEP and try putting in the ENCRYPTION KEYS into the Wavelan (driver) it gives me an error and does not let me connect to the net. Any way i can fix this?

Thanks guys!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try to observe the following sequence:
1) click receive on the receiving device
2) click send on the sending device
it should work then

and if you're sending from the IPAQ, select the compatibility mode for older windows ce devices.
if it still doesn't work, then your IR is faulty

WEP... did you select the same length and type for the keys on both devices (router and MP780)?
 Top of the page
dogy4sale
dogy4sale Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 12:26 AM
#
what driver should you use if you have mp780 and a orinoco silver card? the proxim driver or the agere driver? any help whould be appreciated
 Top of the page
nktech Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 4:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well ive tried both on mine and heres the fun part of this.

With the proxim one i cannot use it with WEP but it works everytime. BUT, with the agere one it works with WEP but it only works for the first time after that it doesnt.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 13