x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Often I lurk, Sometimes I post in a flurry...BUT ALWAYS I...

willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 10:59 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

...have great admiration for all the cool folks here.

I'm especially grateful and admiring of the folks who are gifted--unlike me--with the skills to hack/crack code, enabling the rest of us to enjoy functionality we otherwise would not.

You (mostly silently) have enabled, at least in my life, a WAY cool level of functionality I otherwise would not enjoy. To the extent that my human-to-IT interface has become effortless, joyful, a real "plus" on the positive side of my life...(and FAR more effortless than, say. dealing wth the inevitable quirks and vagaries of my main PC notebook!)...enabling me to be pretty much effortlessly connected and productive, while enjoying my bent for the "creative" side of my humanity [i.e. working, writing, reading, enjoying music, cooking (yeah, the J720 slides perfectly into my "hot pepper" apron's pocket !), etc.]

Using mini-stumbler, I've been able to sit on the Kanawha River (which flows wonderfully though my home city of Charleston, WV) on a steamy summer day, and access all of my home PC (via NetOp Remote Control, see my post about this TERRIFIC program!), get all kinds of stuff done via "friendly" open-access Wi-Fi spots, and then climb back on my bike and hit the streets for the second half of a good workout...

Quality of LIFE. That's what my J720 enables...

...and I couldn't've done it without you, all!

So, simply, my truly sincere thanks!

(You know who you are!)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

good to read your lines!

if you ever tried a hacked ppc software on your 720 then i think i could help you a little! and i'm glad to have been of some help!

remote access is my favourite too
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 12:04 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, cmonex--good to read your many cool posts, too! Over many moons...

I've done the aygshell and GAPI dummy .dll thangs (GAPI I think, like 2.08, from WinCE, makers of my fave "other" remote control app., Remote Control II!!!)...but only to engage the RealOne player, and even then, mostly in terms of "I can," rather than "I need it" (Chris's sensibility about Realplayer absolutely, now that I think about it, echos mine: ie. if I interpret his sensibilities correctly, it's a hunk of junk, absolutely full of manipulative code designed by folks wanting to take advantage, etc. And, in the end, the marketplace will tell, as it has/is doing...but, I digress, as is my wont, dammit!)

Among my sensibilites, this day, and reflective in my flurry of posts, is that everything with my J720 is going fine! So...and here's what I'm thinkin...

...why not tempt fate...stir the pot, as it were! Court trouble!

What PPC apps would you recommend? (BTW, I've already been to your home page--THANKS!)

It's all about pushing the "quality" envelope, know what I mean? And, let's face it: we want it ALL, baybe!

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 4:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks!
hmmm what ppc apps?
for example acrobat reader is a must have netfront 3 is good as an alternative browser to IE - i use both (but it isn't free, so it's not the category of just to have it ). flashplayer if you like flash (i don't).. map program (i use destinator).. games.. a lot of them oh and pocketwinc as a wifiscanner, knows a little more than ministumbler (ip renew is very nice for example! )
look at wally's post too.. he's really into hacking and got some more interesting apps to work
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9