x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DFE-670TXD on HP Jornada 690 - Can't make it work!

1 2
rafaelduran Page Icon Posted 2020-05-12 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2020-05-12 3:43 AM

Try connecting Jornada to PC with this cable, set compatible static IPs on both sides.

I'll do it today after work. Should I set the Jornada's default gateway to the PC's static IP?
 Top of the page
rafaelduran Page Icon Posted 2020-05-12 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

stingraze - 2020-05-12 5:57 AM

To my knowledge, the older cards (which is NE2000) need to use straight cables when connecting to the routers to get IP address from DHCP of the router.
I think the AutoMDI/MDI-X came at a later era.

Oh, that's interesting, it's something to try. Thanks for the advice. Is it easy to get a straight cable nowadays?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2020-05-12 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

rafaelduran - 2020-05-12 3:26 PM

Alt Bass - 2020-05-12 3:43 AM

Try connecting Jornada to PC with this cable, set compatible static IPs on both sides.

I'll do it today after work. Should I set the Jornada's default gateway to the PC's static IP?

You only need net mask and IP set up to have any kind of connection between two devices.

Edited by Alt Bass 2020-05-12 1:12 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-05-12 3:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

rafaelduran - 2020-05-12 9:47 PM

stingraze - 2020-05-12 5:57 AM

To my knowledge, the older cards (which is NE2000) need to use straight cables when connecting to the routers to get IP address from DHCP of the router.
I think the AutoMDI/MDI-X came at a later era.

Oh, that's interesting, it's something to try. Thanks for the advice. Is it easy to get a straight cable nowadays?

I think common ones are usually straight cables instead of cross unless it says otherwise. I think straight CAT 5e will do the job.

It costs only a few bucks usually.
 Top of the page
rafaelduran Page Icon Posted 2020-05-14 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yesterday I tried to connect the Jornada to my modern laptop and use another cable (a regular, straight one) to connect it to the router, but both things failed. I ran vxUtil and tried to gather some info about what's happening, and I until now I found out this:

• Even when I manually set all connection settings (thus skipping the DHCP connection part), the card doesn't really talk with the router. I mean, it looks like it does, but when I try to ping the Jornada from another device, it can't find it, plus the Jornada isn't listed in the router's connected devices list.

• However, when I try to ping any address from the Jornada with vxUtil, the card's led blinks, so the Jornada may be talking correctly with the card (I hope)

• Using an old router to plug the Jornada didn't work.

About the card per se, I'd like to note that I bought the card new, in the original package and all. It has the driver CD, but there isn't a driver for Windows CE (however there's a driver for DOS, and I thought maybe I could try installing this driver on PocketDOS when I get my sync cable).

BTW, I'd like to thank all the help until now, guys, I really appreciate it.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-05-15 2:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I checked the website for the DFE-670TXD now, but it doesn't list Windows CE as compatible one.
You should get a card that lists it, you won't have any of these troubles.

Lots of cards seem compatible, but doesn't like to work with Windows CE...
Anyways, just my two cents.

Edited by stingraze 2020-05-15 2:30 AM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2020-05-15 10:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

FYI: The ethernet card DOES NOT show up on the icon tray... I have a jornada 680 connected with a Kingston Etherx pcmcia ethernet card...it connect easily to both an old Dlink router and a newer Linksys using a standard cat5 ethernet cable but does not show up on the icon tray. It did request that the jornada hpc id name be changed in the settings...communications properties ...Device Name (give it a unique name). The Kingston card uses the NE2000 compatible ethernet driver as shown in the settings...network configuration adapters (there is also a proxim ethernet driver listed ...I would try it too) ...and that is where you set your Ip address and the server Ip, subnet, gateway and the server ip would be your router (or gateway) ip. ..don't forget to eject and reload the card after any changes.

if it works use your web browser to log onto your router ip address( usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1). Use \\networkname\share\ to access network shares (which must be set up on your other computers).
hope this helps
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9