x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thinking about getting into HPC...

1 2 3 4
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

LOL, it happens to us all!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-07-30 3:21 AM

I guess you are right.

I could use the CF wifi adapter and get a pcmcia cf adapter.

The only thing is that the cf slot seems to be on the front of the device... so the stub of the cf wifi card would be on the front.

My pcmcia cards are a DWL-650+ and a Linksys 802.11g card.

I found the headset adapter thread for the 790, hopefully someone can explain that to me.

cf slot.. but that's what the pcmcia-cf adapter is for

the dlink won't work.. is the linksys a cardbus one too? if not then you have a chance, please tell me the exact model!

headset adapter.. i believe (?) you just have to buy a 2.5 mm-3.5 mm converter and that's not uncommon so no worries sorry if i'm mistaken but that's what i read here earlier
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 2:53 AM
#
Threre's a slim chance your dlink 650 might work, if it's a pcmcia. There are several versions of the card and dlink insn'tnthe best a labelling things

All thie talk of 790s has me interested. I know the screen is smaller and the keys are bigger but how does it look with nyditot at 640x480? 800x480?

Since it's mips and hpc2k there's not much for me to figure out software wise.

Oh , does it fold into a tablet? or have usb hosting? Nice but not essential if the price is really right.
Im set in my ways. Mips for my hpcs and nothing but arm for my ppcs.Between them I can run anything.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 4:07 PM
#
Just picked up a PCMCIA-->CF adapter.

Cheap too!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wally - 2005-07-30 8:53 AM

Threre's a slim chance your dlink 650 might work, if it's a pcmcia. There are several versions of the card and dlink insn'tnthe best a labelling things

All thie talk of 790s has me interested. I know the screen is smaller and the keys are bigger but how does it look with nyditot at 640x480? 800x480?

Since it's mips and hpc2k there's not much for me to figure out software wise.

Oh , does it fold into a tablet? or have usb hosting? Nice but not essential if the price is really right.
Im set in my ways. Mips for my hpcs and nothing but arm for my ppcs.Between them I can run anything.

about the dlink.. it is most likely a cardbus.. if not then there IS a chance

i couldn't try nyditot on my 900 (same screen as 790) as it froze.. (others reported success though) but i did try it on my jornadas (same res) and it wasn't too good. was fun and if needed then it was useful! but wouldn't use it for a longer period as it's too slow. of course if you enable panning it's fast then and looks good but having to scroll was too annoying for me.
all in all, nyditot is really useful when you absolutely need the bigger res for some task but it is not for everyday use.

790 has no usb host and no support for tablet mode but i think it can be opened fully in 180 and you can change the screen orientation in 180 as well at least the 900 is able to do that and i believe the 790 can do it too. very cool. (tablet mode would be even more cool though.)

what kind of hpc are you seeking and why? you already wanted a HC300 etc.. so?
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 6:33 PM
#
Just recieved my UPS tracking number.

So incredibly giddy its ridiculous.

Sadly, I'm not sure I will be home on the delivery attempt...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes you sound so excited! no worries, i know the feeling!! i'm always like that when i get a new hpc
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 6:55 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-08-02 4:42 PM

yes you sound so excited! no worries, i know the feeling!! i'm always like that when i get a new hpc

I'm like that when I get any kind of package delivered to me My roommate says I'm like a little kid at christmas
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11