x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MP780 and Roamabout DHCP issues

Please help
Please help Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 4:23 PM
#
I have a MP 780 and i just recently bought a entrasys roamabout card. I installed the drivers off of the hardware compatibility off of here, and I cannot get any sort of internet. It says that DHCP failed or something. I have everything plugged in as far as wep key and the SSID. The 780 sees the router, has a great signal and still cannot do anything. I wanted to see if it was just my router, and I took it on my college campus WLAN which has not wep, and absolutely the same thing.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great. This is really frustrating to have this card and computer and basically have it be useless.
BTW my laptop is on my personal network and pulls an IP from DHCP just fine.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-26 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

have you tried fixed IP?
 Top of the page
Please Help
Please Help Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 10:26 PM
#
Fixed IP doesn't work either, this is more a pain than I thought...
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 10:57 PM
#
If you could, install vxUtil and hit the info button and give us that info as that may help us figure out your issue.

Also, try setting everything up and leaving the card in then power off the device, and wait 20 seconds, then power it back on with the card still in. Wait a few seconds, and the wifi card should try to get a new IP. That happened to me quite a few times. Also, if the card is prism based, give the Linksys WCF11 driver a go. Just install it, insert the card, type in WCF11NDS.dll as the driver and you should be good to go from there (just set it all up!).

Good luck!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Add you router IP as your primary dns server, and your desktops IP as your Priamry wins, no secondary on either......leave the obtain ip from dns checked, you should be good from there....Steve
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11