x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TOMTOM 5 ON BSQUARE POWER HANDHELD

|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 6:44 AM
#
Hi, I have installed TomTom navigator 5 on my Bsquare Power Handheld, and works perfectly!
how can I move the maps from the SD to the HPC?
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 8:26 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there

I am jealous!!!!!

I have TomTom mobile 4 and that works fine - but having upgraded to TomTom mobile 5 - it doesn't work!

Are you using the PDA or mobile version?

Also, as TomTom requires the GPS unit to be bluetooth, have you got that working, and if so, how are you going to store the maps as, if my understanding is correct, the maps directories together with the program directories are bigger than the bSquare memory!

Mike
 Top of the page
|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 8:58 AM
#
Hi, I have installed only the program and a map in the SD slot, I haven't the GPS!
I will buy an SD IO gps with the incorporated memory (256 or 512 mb).
Tomtom Version 5.000 (4890)
It's normal version, not mobile!
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 10:30 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Problem is, TomTom 5 only works with bluetooth GPS
 Top of the page
|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 12:47 PM
#
no, I can use BT GPS, usb GPS, or com 1-2-3-4-5-6 GPS
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 4:58 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ah, good news, I dodn't realize that TomTom 5 wasn't reliant on bluetooth GPS.
Must just be the mobile version.

With regard to the SDIO GPS with memory - are these released yet? I knew globalsat showed them at cebit, but I didn't know they were available yet.

Failing that, there is another solution, there is a company that makes an infrared to serial port converter so that you can use a cheap GPS 'mouse' and not tie up the SD slot. I think it costs about 100 euros for the convertor and the GPS unit so is not expensive and I assume the PHH sees the infrared as a com port.

Mike
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 6:41 PM
#
May I ask what you did to get TT5 working with WinCE please? Many thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 6:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

heh, adeprice, double posting?

i guess you just need the dummy dlls
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 4:52 PM
#
cmonex,

I don't understand what points you are trying to make. Is it wrong to ask more than one person the same question? If so then why have an open forum?

Given that you already know that have had only partial success with the dummy dll's I can only assume that you are having a private joke at my expense. In any event your comments are most unhelpful.

Goodbye.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

eh...

you didn't read the forum rules? double posting isn't permitted. and as a moderator in this forum section i have to warn you about that. it is my responsibility to do so.
but actually i don't fully agree with that rule, i think occasionally asking the same question in two already existing threads doesn't hurt anyone. still, i have to remind you of the rules
anyway this is why i tried to make my comment a little less serious (with the smileys) i'm sorry if that didn't come across correctly..

and about the dummy dlls, i assume that if the poster didn't give us an exact description of the hack it should be just the right combination of the dummy dlls. but if there's more to it, shame on him/her for not telling everything about that.

so please don't say goodbye just because of a post.

so... that's all for now...
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2006-07-09 5:27 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!
I've succesfully installed Tomtom 5 on my bsquare phh: it works perfectly!
I've bought an ipaq 19xx series irda mount, so that the gps receiver can communicate with my phh via the irda port (COM3); I've modified the mount so that it can give dc power to the device, and now I can have long trips with the helpful aid of my phh! I can post some photos, if you want;

But there's a problem: each time I start tomtom 5, it resets the backlight settings to:
- Battery power: dims after 5 seconds, turns off after 1 minute
- External power: turns off after 1 minute.
The worst problem is that, after the backlight has turned off, you can have it turn on neither tapping, nor clicking any key!
I have to "sense" the position of the items to tap without seeing them, go to control panel -> backlight settings -> and modify them

Has anyone had my same problem? Do you think is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!
Bye
Fede
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-09 6:45 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

any settings in tomtom to do with the backlight?

you could use the backlight hack, if that's easier than control panel

and yes you could post some pics here
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2006-07-09 7:11 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!
Yes, I've tried it, it's perfect until I open tomtom: I don't know why, but it decides to change the backlight settings;
In tomtom's settings there aren't specific backlight options, so I have to fistly start it, and immediatly after go to control panel and set the right backlight settings
I was thinking - but I don't know if it's possible, since I'm not a programmer - would I be able to write a script or something similar that executes a sequence of operations such as launching tomtom and then setting the right backlight settings?
In the afternoon I'm going to post some photos!
Fede
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2006-07-09 10:00 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!
As I promised, I post some pics of my hand-crafted phh irda mount
As you can see, I've added to the Ipaq 19xx series irda mount some strengthening+calibrating clamps, which allow the phh correctly join with the bottom powered pad: the 5V DC voltage has been caugth from within the board, where the contacts depart towards the original ipaq connector;
Although the so modified mount isn't so nice to see, it works very well
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-09 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

perazz - 2006-07-09 1:11 PM

Hi!
Yes, I've tried it, it's perfect until I open tomtom: I don't know why, but it decides to change the backlight settings;
In tomtom's settings there aren't specific backlight options, so I have to fistly start it, and immediatly after go to control panel and set the right backlight settings
I was thinking - but I don't know if it's possible, since I'm not a programmer - would I be able to write a script or something similar that executes a sequence of operations such as launching tomtom and then setting the right backlight settings?
In the afternoon I'm going to post some photos!
Fede

yes it is possible to write such an application if you know someone who can program windows ce (hpc, ppc, doesn't matter), they can help.
not sure if a plain script can be done, i'm sure it can launch tomtom but doubt it can change the backlight settings. well, maybe it could start the backlight hack application i mentioned.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 31