x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Registry entry to disable the popup menu

Abdul
Abdul Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 7:53 AM
#
Hi,

Can any one please let me know about the registry entry in Windows CE that enables me to disable the popup menu (context menu) from displaying.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Abdul
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Abdul, which app are you referring to or are you referring to the ALT-Click menu in general? My hunch is that you are referring to PIE.
 Top of the page
Abdul
Abdul Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 5:25 AM
#
Hi Snappy,

I am referring to PIE. In case we could not find any registry entry to disable the context menu of PIE, then I would like to search for the settings of context menu in general.

Thank you.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 6:15 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Abdul, I don't know of any way of doing this simply... You could capture the alt virtual keypress, or consume all screentaps at a high level removing the ALT modifier, but I don't know how you'd disable right clicks in general.

I assume you're not building the platform with PB?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

There are a few ways to do it on IE/PIE.

As Chiark mentioned, one way is to trap/hook the key presses and filter out ALT key presses meant for PIE. That's by writing a system hook.

Another way, done by some web sites, is to have the web site disable it by trapping on right mouse click. This will *not* work for the older PIEs, as they do not support javascript. So ok, I guess that brings us back to the first option of system hooks!
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 11:04 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I suppose the better question is "why are you trying to do this?", as that might mean we can find another way to suggest
 Top of the page
Abdul
Abdul Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 4:26 AM
#
Chiark, I am developing a web application that would run in a pocket browser in the wrapper application. I want to prevent the user from invoking the context menu. The browser control that I have used has a property to prevent the context menu from appearing but unfortunately it does not work for the pages that have Frameset. I tried to modify the browser object but the context menu event does not get driggered for the pages with Frameset. Please let me know if you could think of a better way to do it.

Snappy, Please let me know about the newer versions of the PIEs that support javascript. The PIE that could execute javascript will solve few of my other problems also. Please also let me know about the way to create system hooks!

Thanks a lot
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10