x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Screen Rotation for Vadem CLIO-1050

1 2
ippon Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jimbo - 2005-10-01 11:03 AM

Hey folks;
I have a bunch of Clio's to get rid of. Was going to post them on ebay - what do you think they are worth? They are the 1050 model.

Actually, I kind of hate to get rid of them because they are pretty cool...can you still get upgrades and things to make them usable in the WIN XP world?

Thanks for replying!

do you happen to have the serial cables for them???
if you do, i would buy the cable from you.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 6:26 PM
#
Jimbo, depending on the price I may grab one of those clio's. I check the site ever so often, as I still want to get back into HPC's.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-10-04 12:26 AM

Jimbo, depending on the price I may grab one of those clio's. I check the site ever so often, as I still want to get back into HPC's.

didn't you find a nice intermec?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 4:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I might want one too, since I've found these keyboard problems with mine. But then I gotta figure out what to do with the one I have. Maybe someone with more hardware savvy than I have (which is none) can fix this keyboard problem.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

CE Geek - 2005-09-27 8:19 PM

Okay, I think I see the problem. I already knew that a couple of keys on the left-hand edge of the keyboard do not work properly; eg, pressing the '1' key produces '1w' on the screen, & holding it down produces "1wwwwwwww..." But upon further review, I found that: 1) the 'Esc' key does nothing other than type "s" in any selected text area; 2) the 'Tab' key types "z"; and 3) 'Q' types "qaaaaa..."; and 4) the Control key and left-side Shift key do nothing at all. (All the other keys do what they're told as far as I know. I only found this out after trying to execute menu commands using the keyboard [which I never do]; it's pretty obvious that I haven't been doing much typing on the Clio [I usually save that for my Jornada, or sometimes my MobilePro].)

Is there a workaround way to do steps 3-7, using something else instead of the Control key? (I know, fat chance.)

hmmm ... too bad I didn't write the code that hid the additional angles for rotation ... grrr ... but with a keyboard that has a mind of its own, don't you want to fix the keyboard altogether first and then get the rotation working?

In any case, you can try find an alt-key that does CTRL ... it might just work. Or ... maybe a keystroke emulator...
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 10:16 AM
#
Nope, I haven't found a new HPC at all! If anyone has an intermec, I'd love it. I'm just looking for something to play with at this point. I bought an iPod nano which killed my budget.

Anyways, I digress... Back to the topic!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 11:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-10-04 4:41 AM

hmmm ... too bad I didn't write the code that hid the additional angles for rotation ... grrr ... but with a keyboard that has a mind of its own, don't you want to fix the keyboard altogether first and then get the rotation working?

In any case, you can try find an alt-key that does CTRL ... it might just work. Or ... maybe a keystroke emulator...

I'd like to fix it, but I don't trust me with tools.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-10-04 4:16 PM

Nope, I haven't found a new HPC at all! If anyone has an intermec, I'd love it. I'm just looking for something to play with at this point. I bought an iPod nano which killed my budget.

Anyways, I digress... Back to the topic!

if only you had watched hpcbay .. someone was selling an intermec there quite recently
 Top of the page
Jimbo
Jimbo Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 9:15 AM
#
Hey again, I haven't checked back in a while. We do have the serial cables, software, and also documentation for each. I found the fatal flaw though - no power cables. I have googled and looked for power cables and can't find any. The seller says they lost them or something (we own an ebay dropoff store - that's how we got 20 of these things). So, we have 20 Clio's and no power cables. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well a universal charger where you can choose from many plugs, should work hope the DC jack on the clio's aren't too special. )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 2:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nah, it's pretty basic. Some other H/PCs' adapters might even fit it, assuming that the transformers are nine-volt.

On the serial cable issue, I was able to get one from Pinax immediately after I got my Clio - but that was a couple of months ago, and I don't recall the exact link to where I found it.
 Top of the page
SK
SK Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 8:15 PM
#
If you have a sync cable for the clio that you want to sell let me know.
Soloton613 A T aol D O T c o m

EDITED by Snappy! to prevent email from being grabbed by bots. Feb 05 2006
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

SK, you may want to get a infra-red dongle for syncing. Its cheaper and more convenient that way. Sync cables for the CLIO is hard and exp to come by.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-08-09 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey..... Does anybody have a copy of that .zip I uploaded a while back??
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11