x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 780 sync help, please!

Louisa
Louisa Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 11:39 AM
#
I've had my MobilePro 780 for a year or so and I love it for word processing. But I'd like to be able to download games or even share files with my main computer. So, first I bought a wireless card that proxim silver card 802.11b. I couldn't get that to work with my wireless router. Then I got the infrared port and that wouldn't work either. Finally, I got the serial cable to connect directly into my computer and it won't recognize a connection. HELP!! lol Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

please list the steps you have done so far. we can't help if you don't. but i hope we'll be able to sort out your problems in the end
 Top of the page
rod
rod Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 6:49 PM
#
I've noticed that lots of people have trouble using IR to sync. In my case, persistence and lack of creativity paid off. In settings/communications, I set PC connection to infrared port, fired up Activesync 3.8 on my PC, the quickly fired up PClink on my mobilepro 790. After about 15 tries (moving the MP around until the PC signalled that a IR device was in range, about 6 inches away with IR windows aligned), it finally connected, enabled me to set up a partnership, and has worked like a charm ever since.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 12