x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Acrobat reader 2 on BN Pro

1 2 3
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 1:11 PM
#
For all the Netbook Pro owner I want to inform tha adobe pdf reader 2 for PPC works also on that device with the file stored in the file sction of yahoo handheldpcs group . You have only to change coreldl3.dll with the ordinary corell.dll.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow.. thanks for the information. i was suspecting i just needed coredl3.dll (i already have it), but somehow i didn't try it yet. ahh.. let me check it out!
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 7:06 PM
#
Have you done some progress with netfront 3.1?

I have suceed to remove the error message and make the program read the htm pages.

But when I try to go to the web nothing happens, it doesn't dowload the pages.

Pheraps all the haks that we can try aren't enough: it requires a dummy cellcore that provide the functions that we still miss.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i got tired hacking 3.1 onto hpc2000, same problem there. 3.0 will run on ce.net 4.2 and it's rarely needed with IE6.. so i didn't bother. (in fact i know of only one page where i need netfront because of the better js support, and i don't visit that page too often..)
but i'd be interested in 3.2... i'll go and get the trial version of it now
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh and out of curiosity.. how did you remove the error message?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-29 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi - 2005-07-29 7:11 PM

For all the Netbook Pro owner I want to inform tha adobe pdf reader 2 for PPC works also on that device with the file stored in the file sction of yahoo handheldpcs group . You have only to change coreldl3.dll with the ordinary corell.dll.

erm... can you tell me in more detail what you did? it says not valid CE app for me.....
i used the files from handheldPC group... and renamed coredl3.dll to coredll.dll and hexedited the acrobat reader exe to coredll.dll (from coredl3.dll) (btw someone quite screwed it with coredl3.dll ... i can't see how they could post them in this state)
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 10:45 AM
#
prova
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 10:52 AM
#
To run acrobat you have to use the dll stored in the file section of the yahoo group. With the native aygshell it does not work.

I succed in removing the error message with a new hack method that I'm experimenting. Follwing that method I have been able to unlock for ce.net several HPC 2000 and PPC program.

I will provide more informations in the next days
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yeah i suspected that.. but was too lazy again (as i already tried the other aygshells, but then i didn't try that version of coredll.dll... well.. i hope it'll work now)

can't you describe the hack now? please, i'd be so grateful
and what are those hpc2000 and ppc programs? does mdict work for you for example?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-30 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, i'm not only tired now but very frustrated too
can you send me your *working* acrobat reader installation? the installed folders, the hexedited executables, dlls, etc... in a nice big ZIP

thanks...

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-30 1:41 PM
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 4:17 AM
#
I have uploaded in the file section of the yoahoo group a tutorial that teach a method to improove the use of ppc apps (wm 2003 included) on ce.net hpc.

We all know that the in many cases the dummy dll are not enough to do the work because the different os version (ppc 2000, hpc 2000, wm 2003, ce.net 4.1, ce.net 4.2) cause the error message "is not a valid windows ce application".

People taht are familiar with executability chek tool knows that often the message is caused by a "functions" called by the .exe file that the required .dll cannot export.

A Korean guy explain a method to correct the wrog function with a right one.

Note that the "290000080" string that hi suggest not always resolve the problem.

In many case you can replace the wrong string with another of the strings the corresponds to the functions that the dll correctly exports (sorry for the language but I'm not a developer).

Foll0owing these inscructions I have been able to run some HPC 2000 and wm 2003 aprograms on my Netbook pro:

BVRP Phone tool (HPC 2000)

S-K Tool and othe s-k software

minimo (mozzilla browser, it works on Netbook pro with ppc resolution, with many hack it runs even with HPC 2000 loading the web page, but, unfortuntely, it cannot display them).

netfront 3.1 It runs and wies the htm pages but, unfortunatlely does not load them from the web.

I hope this can help you.

Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 5:50 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there,

Could you let me know which yahoo group you have uploaded the files to?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi, thanks for your contribution! i'll have a look at it!

can you help me with acrobat reader 2? please let me have your working acrobat package. i gave up, i just can't get it to work on my 900C.

can you run minimo 0.007 with this new method? i can run 0.006 with a simple aygshell hexedit (so that it doesn't call the default aygshell loaded already in ram), but i can't 0.007.
it is interesting that it runs in ppc resolution on your netbook pro, it runs full screen on my 900C.

can you describe the hacks for minimo on hpc2000? i don't mind if minimo doesn't work perfectly but it can be useful for other wm2003 apps! or have you already written about that in the file in the group..? i'll check it

mmarks, it is the handheldPC group on yahoo.

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-01 9:52 AM
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 10:37 AM
#
if you give your mail I'll send you the acrobat pack working on my NetBook pro.

The method to get minimo 0007 working to HPC 2000 it?s the same descibed in the tutorial, but is very long and complicated. At the and you have to modify so much code that the program runs but it is unusable.

May be that the I could have more luck with the 0006 version.

can you tell me how can I find it?

In another thread you spoke about IE 5.5 working on HPC 2000, vcan you tell me how?

Thanks
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 10:40 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm probably being very stupid here, but where is the handheldPC group on yahoo?
I went into yahoo groups and typed in handheldPC as the search & it came up with an Indonesian user group - probably not what I was looking for!!!

Could some kind soul educate me & let me know exactly how I access it.

Thanks
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 25 - Executed queries : 51