x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

screen blanking on 900c

Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 10:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can anyone tell me how to stop the 900c from blanking the screen while watching videos etc. It's really annoying!

Thanks!

Guyturf
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'd like to know too...
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 1:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've played with every setting I can find and then some, but I think what we need is either a 'keep alive' option in the video players, and/or a utility that could be used in the background to 'trick' the mobilepro into thinking it's still in use, perhaps something that simulated a key press or something every 30 seconds?

Interesting and frustrating to note that although TCPMP and betaplayer have this problem, Windows Media player does not. With media player only the backlight goes off, the screen does not blank.

Gotta love whoever thought that they would help us save this much power eh? :lol:

Guyturf

P.S. A further note is that pocketMVP simply include a 'keep alive' option. To me that would be the best solution

Edited by Guyturf 2005-08-01 1:55 PM
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 7:36 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

The smalltweak utility (see Rich's website - HPCNEC.com) has an option to delay poweroff while on battery or external power for AS LONG AS YOU WANT!!!

The backlight may turn off still, but the screen does NOT blank while watching a movie, just set the autooff for a longer time than what you are watching

smalltweak runs out of the control panel by the way

Have fun!
Guyturf
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 12:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Can you verify that it works when running TCPMP?

Rich
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 5:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It does indeed appear to work running TCPMP as I watched 20 or more minutes of a movie to test it with no glitches

Does a little dance

Oops, sorry, got a little carried away there

Guyturf
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 8:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Okay Guyturf...

I just installed TCPMP on my 900C, and went into the Options/Settings/No backlight keepalive for video.

I also went into the control panel/display/backlight area and made sure no boxes were checked there.

Then I just watched a 3 minute AVI file without it shutting off. SmallTweak is not installed on my device...

Hmmm...see if you can duplicate that...evidently this version of TCPMP has fixed some bugs.

Rich
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 9:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey Rich,

I did everything you mentioned, but the screen was still blanking for me, so I reset the power off in smalltweaks to 120 min and no problem.

I'd suggest trying your settings on your machine with a video longer than the 5 minute maximum time on battery to see if the auto-off happens. See if it the screen stays on with your settings, it wouldn't for me.

I suspect the 3 minute avi you watched wasn't long enough, and even on loop that the looping action might be enough activity for it to prevent the screen blanking.

I watched a 90 minute movie last night in bed and everything worked perfectly with the following settings.

control panel - Display - backlight - all boxes unchecked
smalltweaks - poweroff - automatically turn off checked - set for 125 minutes
TCPMP using Gapi driver for video - settings - no backlight turn off box was checked.

Thanks!
Guyturf
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8