x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get activesync 3.8 to work with Jornada 720

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 9:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-09-22 2:32 PM

I know that I can AS several hundred MB of file between PC / CF.

hm you're very lucky then, i can't always transfer files as small as 5 MB, sometimes it works, sometimes not, and it is well known at least for pocketpc users that the limit is around 15 MB for a file. that's true for me, i never managed to transfer any file bigger than that without the TC plugin.
can you share your secret with us not that i'd use AS directly, using the plugin is much more comfortable. just curious.
 Top of the page
khillier Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I recently purchased a Jornada 720 and have been several days trying to get it connected to my PC, but keep getting the 678 error. "Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote networking could not start due to a critical error (678). Please reconnect your device. If the problem persists, restart your device using the instructions provided by your manufacturer."

I have tried connecting via USB and serial (in docking station and direct connect), and on different computers (Win XP Pro), but same error. I tried the solutions suggested here... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=b
pia2302 but no luck.

When I plug in the Jornada to a USB port it says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it..."

I have tried disabling firewalls, antivirus... but no luck.
I did manage to get connectivity to a computer using hyper terminal which would seem to rule out a hardware problem??

I was given this suggestion but it did not help...
... "You need to find all instances of HP USB Sync underneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB
Change the key permissions so that 'everyone' has full control and then delete it.
This should force USB port enumeration when you next connect.
Also ensure you have AS3.8 installed."

I am at wits end. Is there anything else to try, or should I just try to find another Jornada 720?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

have you tried hard reset? i think you already soft reset... is that correct?
 Top of the page
khillier Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, tried soft & hard reset.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 29