x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

No luck connecting LG Phenom to XP PC via serial port

hpeugeot Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I've been so far unsuccessful trying to connect an LG Phenom running CE 2.0 to a PC running XP (it says here "Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (Service Pack 2)", German version) and was hoping someone had an idea how I might get further. The story so far:
- While installing CE from the CD I got a message that says it is advisable to un- and reinstall the RAS Service. When I say OK it looks like the operating system doesn't allow that because I get a message in German saying that I should use the control panel to deinstall services. Then the CE installation program notes that there has been a problem with the RAS reinstallation and suggests I uninstall it per hand, which I don't know how to do. I then finished the setup anyway.
- In the Windows Explorer under Mobile Devices, there is nothing listed. When I attempt to make a connection Communications, under Status for the Serial Port it says "Port sources are not available" and the drop-down menu to select the ports is empty.
- Using hyperterminal I can see that there is an actual connection between PC and Phenom via the Serial Port as they react to each other (turning on the Phenom/trying to make a connection to the PC with it produces text in the hyperterminal window and trying to make a connection from the PC hyperterminal starts the Phenom connection window).
- The properties for the serial port connection on both PC and Phenom have been set to: 19200 baud; Data Bits - 8; Parity - None; Flow Control - Hardware.
- I have tried the simplest solutions that I could think of like restarting the computer a number of times and unplugging the Phenom and then plugging it in again.

I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area, but I'm good at trying things out, searching for related information and reading (well, pretty good at that anyway). Unfortunately, employing these otherwise so useful skills has led me down a dead-end right now; if there are any ideas or information out there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
HP
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 1:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK,

You've basically tried to nuke your Windows install.

Please uninstall Windows CE Services, head to the top navigation bar and go into Sync Software.
From there ActiveSync 3.x and download ActiveSync 3.8.

When dealing with legacy devices, software and so on, the moral of the story is to Always look for refreshed application versions, patches or updates. Never install from the original CD unless you absoloutly can't help it.
 Top of the page
hpeugeot Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 2:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hmmm,

life can be so easy with the right information. Many thanks; moral noted.

HP
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26