x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket UFO on H/PC

dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 2:08 AM
#
I don't know if I posted this one to the right topic, but Isn't here someone whou would be interested in porting SMK Software's Pocket UFO for the H/PC platform. The Game seems to run with GAPI, but the part of the screen containing the control panel doesn't fit. Isn't there a way to solve this problem, for example by getting GAPI to display the screen rotated 90 degrees when "Use PPC size" is enabled? I know many other games run on the Jornada 720 wich I also posess now but are unplayable because of the missing part of the screen. If someone alredy solved this problem please tell me what to do, cause id be one of the happiest people around if I could play UFO on my H/PC. Thank You.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 2:40 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You can try Nyditot, a shareware that can rotate and zoom your screen.
http://www.nyditot.com/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol i couldn't get pocket ufo to work.. but i didn't really try it with GAPI, at that time i didn't know much about that (what it is for, how to use it, etc..). so.. i'll try again thanks for the information..
and yeah nyditot is the solution. quite fun to play with nyditot and the different resolutions i even tried using the hpc as if it were a qvga ppc and of course got tired very soon no wonder, as i really don't like ppc's limiting res.

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-02 3:34 AM
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 4:20 AM
#
I tried running it with Nydot too, but Gapi can't recognize my device, when I use a different res, or rotate the display, and freezes when I ignore the error message, and try to run the game. But thanks for the tip anyway.
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 11:35 AM
#
I managed to talk to one of the developers of GAPI, whou at the firs time suggested me to use Nydot as well. When I explaineed to him, what problem occured when I have done that, he promised to send a test version wich could handle the device with rotated screen, or maybe even with other resolutions. I heard that many other ppc games and aplications could be run this way on the HPCs, like Age of Empires, and Warlords II awailable for the Pocket PC. I can't wait the test version to arrive, to test some apps. I post my experiences, and if it works, i'm sure it will bee must have among HPC users. Special thx to cmonex for his support!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello dt451!
yeah i hope too that this test version will work! i'm looking forward to it! would be really great
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Actually, since this is a PPC game, perhaps you could put the standard GAPI 1.2 file* in your game's folder, and run the game with the rotated screen. Just a hunch...

*GAPI 1.2 for PPC can be downloaded from Microsoft's download page; just do a search.
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 3:53 PM
#
Thanx for the idea ! I'll try that one out too. Maybe it solves the whole problem in a sec. I saw things like that many times since I got my hands on "my precious" . But if not, then I just have to wait for Franks Version. ...
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 5:53 PM
#
I hadn't got any time for my j720 and Pocket Ufo since the last time I posted in this topic... I was waiting for that testversion since than. But as I see now, the new Nydot supported version came out, so my letters reached their goal. Thx WinCESoft! It works fine for me... Now I can play my favourite oldie on the go.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 6:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wow, what a cool simulation. Definitely going to have to play it some. Works well on 900C with NVD in portrait mode using new GAPI.

Rich

(pc_capture1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pc_capture1.jpg (22KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 3:50 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Can't really port without the source code.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 27