x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NetBook Pro Crashes on Suspend!

Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I upgraded to the 400 ROM Image a while ago now and on the hole am very pleased with it all my devises now work!

The only bug I've noticed is that if I have a TextMaker document open when it goes into suspend I need to do a soft reset inorder to close the document.

Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and new how to fix it?

P.S. Can't wait to try TextMaker 2005 and their other new releases and would love to do some Beta testing for them!

Martyn Greville-Giddings
TwoPlus1
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you have textmaker installed on SD?
 Top of the page
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes I install all software on SD and use CF as file store
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 5:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh maybe you can try the opposite (i wonder why you install the software on the SD rather than on the CF.. CF is faster). the netbook pro has a known problem with mounting the SD not fast enough at a power on. i think CF has no problem.
 Top of the page
Juergen Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 7:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Martyn,

did you change the registry dword to '0' after installing the new os as mentioned in one of the readme's? I had exactly the same problem on my Netbook Pro, but with the suggested registry change everything works fine now with apps and data on sd card.

SCR 10721

The automatic (logical) eject on suspend of SDIO cards is now configurable in the registry.

The key is

[HKLM/System/PsionTeklogix EjectCardOnSuspend].

It's set to 1 by default. To disable the eject change it to 0. The change is made to cure

access violation errors when applications are run from the card.

There is no control panel applet to change this key, it must be directly edited in the registry.

It's not really a fix, more of a workaround, as I understand it. When set to '0' the os simply doesn't re-initialize the sd slot after suspend. Therefore the device doesn't recognize a new card you may have plugged in while in suspend.
 Top of the page
Martyn Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thats fixed it thanks, the reason I use the cards this way round is that I have a fast 512mb SD card more than enough space for all my apps and a 40x 4GB CF card perfect for files music and DVD's
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.138 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10