x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Westtek ClearVue PDF

takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't know why but some of you do not like the standard PDF viewer in CE .Net, and have problems getting Adobe's viewers to work.

Well, I just found out that Westtek ClearVue PDF runs on my Smartbook without hacking... altho I am not sure if I happen to have a foreign dll that helped
http://www.westtek.com/pocketpc/pdf/
Now I don't know if this is any better, but it's only $9 and it works. For some reason tho, the fonts in it get messed up on my SB, so I ain't buying. So grab the 15-day trial first if interested.

*edit* The software supports PPC2002 and WM2003, so there's a remote chance it could work in HPC2000 ARM as well. But then again they got Adobe fully working on that platform, so... nevermind

Edited by takwu 2005-08-03 3:20 AM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 7:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

takwu

Isn't the PDF viewer at the following thread - a Westtek product?

HPC Factor Forum/Technical Support/Handheld PC 2000/Microsoft Viewer for Handheld PC

Is it the same product you are refering too?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-08-03 9:09 AM

I don't know why but some of you do not like the standard PDF viewer in CE .Net, and have problems getting Adobe's viewers to work.

Well, I just found out that Westtek ClearVue PDF runs on my Smartbook without hacking... altho I am not sure if I happen to have a foreign dll that helped
http://www.westtek.com/pocketpc/pdf/
Now I don't know if this is any better, but it's only $9 and it works. For some reason tho, the fonts in it get messed up on my SB, so I ain't buying. So grab the 15-day trial first if interested.

*edit* The software supports PPC2002 and WM2003, so there's a remote chance it could work in HPC2000 ARM as well. But then again they got Adobe fully working on that platform, so... nevermind

you don't know why we don't like the pdf viewer? because it can't open every pdf (but at least it is very fast!). acrobat reader can. but here's the good news: acrobat reader 2.0 runs on ce.net 4.2, at least on the netbook pro, according to rgisondi. i'm just waiting for his email (he promised to send it to me as i couldn't manage to hack it successfully)
anyway the pdf viewer in ce.net is the westtek one, almost the same you hacked successfully, and again, clearvue can't open every pdf.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Elder

So the pdf viewer in CE .net = the westtek one? hehehe I didn't know
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10