x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless ActiveSync with Jornada 680

Neill
Neill Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 4:17 PM
#
I have the Jornada 680 accessing the web and pulling email all wirelessly with a Lucent PCMCIA card. When I open ActiveSync on the Handheld though, and tell it to connect, the window vanishes, no error message comes, yet there is never a connection. AS is version 3.8 on the desktop, other palmtops will wirelessly sync with the same desktop PC, and I never have any other AS problems at all.
How do others achieve this? Is there a how-to?
Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 4:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, the support section is an amazing, but very well kept secret

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0014.asp
 Top of the page
Neill
Neill Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 8:17 PM
#
Wow, thanks!!! Worked like a charm after I had entered the correct IP address.

With WiFi, who would ever go back to a mere 115K connection ;-) ...........now, are there any more really neat tricks for me to learn?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 11:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I hope you're young at heart because if something new or important happens, you'll hear about it here first. If you read all the threads and howtos I think you'll be overwhelmed with the abilities of the people here and your J.

You'll be so busy trying neat things on the J you might become a Frankentweaker. Enjoy!
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-19 6:08 PM
#
When I do point-to-point wireless ActiveSync it works fine by following CESD instruction, the problem is it won't work when I connect using office access point.

My office does not has WINS server, so I just point the primary WINS server is the IP address of the ActiveSync notebook partner (which is also connected through same access point with my Jornada) .... any comments?
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-21 11:35 PM
#
Yess! Finaly the http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0014.asp solve the problem!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.142 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12