x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My Experiences: The MP790 and Me

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

corporate - 2005-08-07 12:42 AM

I've got to ask.. which WCF11 driver did you use? I'm trying to replace the stock PRISM drives I'm using with my Sandisk CF (which work nicely so long as I don't put the device into standby or remove the card-freezes up nicely if I do so), but I'm not having such good luck finding the correct replacement drivers atm.

try the hawking drivers, another user (dazz) had luck with them...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-08-07 12:25 AM

Installed Plus! for HPC/Pro and I have to hand it to Microsoft... that stuff is handy! Price can't be beat either...

can't remember if the network tools are in the plus! pack or in the powertoys pack but vxutil is much much better and free also.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

<shameless plug>
vxUtil:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=36
</shameless plus>
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:17 PM
#
Installed vxUtil right after installing the first round of drivers.

Yes, corporate, I used the WCF11 v3 drivers from HPC Factor per someones recommendation. Using those has stopped the slow downs and everything, and theres a nifty taskbar icon to allow me to turn off the radio at any time. Same tools, different brand name, amazing difference.

I need to find some new apps to install, I haven't even needed to install anything to my CF yet...

So far I have

Total Commander (mostly for ftp, remember ///!)
Plus! (image viewer, squares, alt+tab, system monitor, etc)
H-Bomb
AIM
gsbattmon_tsy
ftxBrowser
WCF11 Drivers
ExecutableCheck
Deseppear

I think that's all I have so far... I don't think I'll need netfront just yet, as ftx is pretty darn good!
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:17 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-08-06 4:56 PM

corporate - 2005-08-07 12:42 AM

I've got to ask.. which WCF11 driver did you use? I'm trying to replace the stock PRISM drives I'm using with my Sandisk CF (which work nicely so long as I don't put the device into standby or remove the card-freezes up nicely if I do so), but I'm not having such good luck finding the correct replacement drivers atm.

try the hawking drivers, another user (dazz) had luck with them...

I was just a victim of my own stupidity - after deleting the old entry in my registry (uninstalling is unfortunately never enough), I installed the WCF11 3 drivers, reinserted my card, typed in WCF11NDS.dll and was suddenly good to go.

Thanks for your help though!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-08-07 1:17 AM

Installed vxUtil right after installing the first round of drivers.

ok then

I need to find some new apps to install, I haven't even needed to install anything to my CF yet...

So far I have

nice list... (though not as impressive as mine.. yet )

but you really should install most of them on CF.. spare the precious RAM for more important stuff.. (i mean program ram here - i'm sure wallythacker can help you there )
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 8:23 PM
#
Yeah, I think those are the essentials. Nothing else will be going into RAM. I just thought those were applications I wouldn't want to be without.

Games and the like will be going on the CF, as well as larger applications.

I'm used to my piddle pee cee where I can just fill it up to the brim, hehehe.
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 8:36 PM
#
abyssknight - 2005-08-06 6:23 PM

Yeah, I think those are the essentials. Nothing else will be going into RAM. I just thought those were applications I wouldn't want to be without.

Games and the like will be going on the CF, as well as larger applications.

I'm used to my piddle pee cee where I can just fill it up to the brim, hehehe.

My thinkin' too

You may want to check out iMov messenger if you use anything more than AIM (some people say to try out Portrait but I don't much like it).

24term is a good terminal emulator, IRCce does me well for IRC usage... That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by corporate 2005-08-06 8:41 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 8:50 PM
#
Corporate, have you ever gotten Doom/Quake/Wolfenstein running on your 790? I tried HPC Doom but I never got anything to come up (used the gx.ll in cmonex's mips package too). Maybe I need to run executable check on it... hrrrmm...

Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 9:40 PM
#
abyssknight - 2005-08-06 6:50 PM

Corporate, have you ever gotten Doom/Quake/Wolfenstein running on your 790? I tried HPC Doom but I never got anything to come up (used the gx.ll in cmonex's mips package too). Maybe I need to run executable check on it... hrrrmm...

Unforunately I've had no luck with HPC Doom/Quake (much to my dismay). Do tell if you get anywhere with it, though.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 20 - Executed queries : 51