x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My Experiences: The MP790 and Me

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-05 11:47 PM

I ran it using Inesoft calcnote.exe and a 1Kb file called calcnote.exe_check.exe was created.
Now what? Why would I erase the file it just created?

well i renamed it (in case it's needed again) to .ex and after that it worked.. dunno why. but before that it NEVER worked.. so... try it
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I renamed the xxxxx_check.exe file as suggested and ran execheck again. It created another 1kb xxxxx_check.exe file and gave me this message. Do I need to have execheck and the special dll in the same folder as what I'm checking?

edit: I ran execheck against the 1kb xxxx_check.exe fle with the same error message

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-05 6:47 PM

(Screen001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen001.jpg (57KB - 9 downloads)
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:44 PM
#
Minor Update: WCF11 Driver is GORGEOUS!

Not only did it fix the load time issue, but it has profiles, AND a taskbar icon!

Amazing, all I had to do was enter WCF11NDS.DLL and woosh... (after a power down, power up) and it works!

I will try that benchmark program ASAP.

I need to find a good battery monitor program...

And, yes... sync over LAN is... very nice.

EDIT:

===============================
2005-08-05 18:51:17
-------------------------------
CPU Type : MIPS
OS Ver. : CE 3.00 (Build 126)
Platform : NEC Version 2.1

Inte. 557
Float 49
Draw 192
Window 119
Memory 441
-----------
Total 271

Edited by abyssknight 2005-08-05 6:52 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-08-06 12:44 AM

gsbattmon_tsy
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-06 12:42 AM

I renamed the xxxxx_check.exe file as suggested and ran execheck again. It created another 1kb xxxxx_check.exe file and gave me this message. Do I need to have execheck and the special dll in the same folder as what I'm checking?

edit: I ran execheck against the 1kb xxxx_check.exe fle with the same error message

interesting...
dunno, maybe it's worth a try (placing the dlls, exe, and executabilitycheck in the same folder)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

abyssknight - 2005-08-06 12:44 AM

===============================
2005-08-05 18:51:17
-------------------------------
CPU Type : MIPS
OS Ver. : CE 3.00 (Build 126)
Platform : NEC Version 2.1

Inte. 557
Float 49
Draw 192
Window 119
Memory 441
-----------
Total 271

you can see the other hpc results on rothberger.net (here hardware in the menu and then benchmarks)
you should submit your results there, no benchmark exists for your model yet

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-05 6:58 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 7:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

TY for the benchmark. I'll add it to my list. FWIW, your 790 performs as I expected.

Agreed with the Linky drivers, very nice with the 660 card.
WRtools is my battery monitor, simple but great tray program. Itaskmgr is a nice tray utility to monitor cpu use.

edit: Get ftxBrowser asap. It's a PIE complement that is very nice. That and Netfront3 are about the only browser choices for now.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-05 7:52 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 2:32 PM
#
The second night went a lot better thanks to all the hints/tips/recommendations from you all. I got the linksys driver, as I posted above, it gave me back the instant on and the tools included are much better! The tray icon is just, invaluable. I also installed gsbattmon_tsy per cmonex's recommendation, and it's serving its purpose. I turned power saving mode on the wifi card, and I seemed to get better battery life. However, I worked on my MP790 site a little while testing the wifi/battery and after a 15 minute coding session (with constant refreshing) my battery dropped quite a bit! I think I got 1:30 hr until I got to 80%. Funny thing was it was at 100% until 1:15... Oh well. I may need to get my battery serviced by the infamous Snappy.

Syncing over wifi is amazingly fast, and makes the whole experience more productive really. As I mentioned above, I started creating a site about my MP790. When it's ready, I'll put the link in my signature.

Anyways, more to come!
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 4:41 PM
#
abyssknight - 2005-08-06 12:32 PM
However, I worked on my MP790 site a little while testing the wifi/battery and after a 15 minute coding session (with constant refreshing) my battery dropped quite a bit! I think I got 1:30 hr until I got to 80%. Funny thing was it was at 100% until 1:15... Oh well. I may need to get my battery serviced by the infamous Snappy.

It's to be kept in mind that the battery monitoring is rather inaccurate, so a 20% jump in 2 seconds is nothing to be unexpected
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wallythacker - 2005-08-05 7:29 PM

WRtools is my battery monitor, simple but great tray program.

I agree. Small, simple, and efficient. Seems to work on anything. I run it on my BE-300 PDA, my Jornada and my NEC780 & NEC790. ("View" is another utility like that. Runs on anything; runs from CF cards.)

No software battery monitor is totally accurate but WRTools tells you what you need to know, battery and memory use. Moreover, I run it from CF cards.

---Bruised

Edited by bruisedquasar 2005-08-06 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

corporate - 2005-08-06 9:41 PM

It's to be kept in mind that the battery monitoring is rather inaccurate, so a 20% jump in 2 seconds is nothing to be unexpected

I disagree, the battery monitoring on the MP7x0s are something just short of completely and utterly useless!!
One thing that bugged me constantly when I was using my MP on its batts is that it kept swtiching between 100% to 80% every single second!!! GRRRRR!!!

I did find another program for battery monitoring, I cannot remember what it was, but it works by time rather than the battery circuit. If only I remembered the damm name!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2005-08-06 11:09 PM

One thing that bugged me constantly when I was using my MP on its batts is that it kept swtiching between 100% to 80% every single second!!! GRRRRR!!!

I did find another program for battery monitoring, I cannot remember what it was, but it works by time rather than the battery circuit. If only I remembered the damm name!

don't worry.. the voltage isn't so constant so maybe that's the reason for switching between 80 and 100%. my jornadas do the same for some minutes (between 90% and 100%). i never cared about it

maybe you should try gsbattmon_tsy that gives the time.. (wrtools too)
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:25 PM
#
Installed Plus! for HPC/Pro and I have to hand it to Microsoft... that stuff is handy! Price can't be beat either... I did check out ftxBrowser, and I have to say it is my new HPC browser! Very lightweight, and tabs... I love tabbed browsing, and its like having firefox on my hpc. (almost!). Oh I forgot to mention, I'm posting from my 790.

Anything else I should know?

It's nice being able to browse without worrying about booting up a laptop or whatnot. I can be as indecisive as I feel like with this thing... on... off... on...

Alrighty, off to finish that site I was making...
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:42 PM
#
abyssknight - 2005-08-05 4:44 PM

Minor Update: WCF11 Driver is GORGEOUS!

Not only did it fix the load time issue, but it has profiles, AND a taskbar icon!

Amazing, all I had to do was enter WCF11NDS.DLL and woosh... (after a power down, power up) and it works!

I will try that benchmark program ASAP.

And, yes... sync over LAN is... very nice.

I've got to ask.. which WCF11 driver did you use? I'm trying to replace the stock PRISM drives I'm using with my Sandisk CF (which work nicely so long as I don't put the device into standby or remove the card-freezes up nicely if I do so), but I'm not having such good luck finding the correct replacement drivers atm.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes, you should know that the hpc experience can be habit forming

They should have a warning label attached to each unit. Since getting my hpc my desktop is an archaic lump, used only to burn discs and serve files.

When you're ready we'll get you going on running ppc apps on your MP.

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 32