x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Programmable calculators with QWERTY keyboards?

can't remember Page Icon Posted 2021-05-23 1:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Kind of HPC-ish, I've recently discovered this beauty for sale. What's your opinion about a device like that? Would you get one if you could?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-05-23 4:14 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I had something like it, the Casio VX-4. It is called Pocke-Con, abbreviation for Pocket Computer. There were ones by Sharp too. People older than my generation used it in high schools and universities in Japan.
 Top of the page
can't remember Page Icon Posted 2021-05-23 5:01 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I found a big manual for that one (and a few similar models). It seems like such a shame that in-device C programming never took off. Was the keyboard comfortable to use? Do you remember how long the batteries lasted? I only had a basic scientific Casio calculator for university, no plotting graphs or programming on it was possible, but I remember being very impressed by one of my classmates' graphing calculator.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-05-23 5:59 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the link to the manual, I downloaded it. The keyboard was really nice, it was firm and stable. I didn't get to use for very long, but the alkaline battery should have lasted for months depending on the usage. When I was in highschool, I got to use the TI-84, but I personally like VX-4 better.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9