x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The OS wars for mobiles/cells

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000050053387/

Looks like the OS wars for mobiles/cells is over before its barely begun ... a Treo running Windows Mobile OS? Wow, hats off to MS! ... of cos, a few years down the road, anti-ms pundits will chant the "DOJ" mantra!!

The willingness of MS to change and adapt its products rather quickly to wipe out the competitor meet and exceed customer's needs is phenomenal!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 11:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Actually, in terms of smartphone OS's, Symbian, being used by Nokia, Motorola, AND Sony Ericsson, has the majority of the market share by FAR. Microsoft's two CE-based OS's plus core CE itself, even combined with PalmOS, is still not even close to Symbian's penetration of the market. Begun, the Phone War has.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 11:43 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Snappy! - 2005-08-06 5:26 AM

The willingness of MS to change and adapt its products rather quickly to wipe out the competitor meet and exceed customer's needs is phenomenal!

You know, I think that if Microsoft would stop doing that, we would see much better more creative products...

-So is the strike command the new form of sarcasm?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-07 8:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2005-08-06 9:31 PM

Actually, in terms of smartphone OS's, Symbian, being used by Nokia, Motorola, AND Sony Ericsson, has the majority of the market share by FAR. Microsoft's two CE-based OS's plus core CE itself, even combined with PalmOS, is still not even close to Symbian's penetration of the market. Begun, the Phone War has.

I have to concur and agree with you ... ... though from history, MS will strike ... waves after waves ... until the enemycompetitor is annihilatedwon over by sheer superiority in technology.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-07 8:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-08-06 9:43 PM

Snappy! - 2005-08-06 5:26 AM

You know, I think that if Microsoft would stop doing that, we would see much better more creative products...

-So is the strike command the new form of sarcasm?

PS, oh PS ... of cos its not, its just an expression of sarcasm wit and dry humour!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 1:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Dear APPLE!!!!!!
Please make your new handhelds soon

Sincerely,
Joseph
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:00 AM
#
tenjeangosi - 2005-08-08 11:30 PM

Dear APPLE!!!!!!
Please make your new handhelds soon

Sincerely,
Joseph

I'm sure Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny will get right on that one!

To be honest, I doubt we'll see an Apple handheld any time soon (at least not for another 5-10 years). I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, mind you.
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:04 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yeah, that's interesting.

as you might know i moved to the treo Palm OS, and i have to say that many aspects of the OS suck very bad. i could mention specific things, but that'll take time.

nonetheless, i found the treo (with it's bad OS) to be a very useful gadget. now this MS WM5 treo is gonna be a killer phone if it's the same size and formfactor as the current treo. i will sure switch to the new treo if it comes out. and i know it will.

i don't care what everybody says about MS. they can't possibly force you to buy their products. consumers always have a choice. and if they don't have a choice except an MS product, then they should THANK MS for making it available.

anyhow, i miss my jornada a bit. next semester i'll have to ride 2miles to school with my 5lbs laptop under the arizonan desert red hot sun.

i should eat well and keep myself well hyderated. all that to compensate for not having my small jornada LOL.

msafi,
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

if you care to decide about which mobile os you prefer, you can participate in a poll, go to: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2056&posts=1
you guest and registered users can vote, add options, and multivote!
oh and to corporate: I wish apple came out with a new handheld soon, I think we're getting tired of Newton !

EDIT: Forgot to add link
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well ... with all the minis going on in Apple, there might just be a mini iBook ... ala HPC device!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8