x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-15 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi there folks ! :-)

Ive been recently adding to my collection of grey scale palmtops. But im now thinking of finally getting another color unit. Ive owned a 620LX and a NEC 780 in the past. I like that the Jornada has a nice keyboard, and to my eyes (ive never seen one in person, are they about the size of a 620LX?) it looks smaller than the NEC unit I owned. My concern is the battery life. My 620LX was not kind in that regard.

I was looking at a 660LX, but seems the Jornada offers the most tho. Newer software etc.

What are your thoughts on a 720? Right now I do not own any color units. Ive been spotting some working units in great condition for $100-125.

-Walt B

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-10-16 4:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi Walt,

The great thing about the 720, besides the obvious, color, great keyboard, is the fact that you now have the option to have open source linux build on it. This makes it a much more current machine and open to continued updating (within limitations of the hardware). So, you're no longer tied to the outdated WinCE OS.

Check out the recent linux on Jornada 720 threads and you will see what I mean.....

Best,

Mark
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-16 8:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 720 was the pinnacle of the H/PC. It gives you access to the majority ARM software pool. Re-cell the battery and give one a good home
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8