x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Total commander bug?

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have the newest TCMD installed. First, a big thanks to the developer. It's a great tool.

However, when I browse a mixed bag directory, meaning data and program files, TCMD will hang up if there are large or lots of x86 .exe files in the directory. A soft-reset is the only cure.

It has no trouble regardless of the number or size of CE .exe files. Is it having a problem with the x86 file headers? If I rename the offending x86 .exe to a different extension all is well.

Resco Explorer has no problem like this, and GSfinder rarely does.

Is this a bug that affects just me? I had the same problem with the previous version of TCMD.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i never had this bug... how many of these exe's are in the problematic directory?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If the first indexed icon in a .exe is higher than 8-bit, and there is no 2-bit, 4-bit or 8-bit substitute HPC Pro / 2000 will choke on it. Does the same happen in Windows Explorer?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Windows Explorer seems OK, no choking on the files. Sometimes TCMD chokes on a 1mb file, other times it has no problems with 200mb sized files. Oddly enough, I have the same problem with TCMD on my Casio ppc, so I gave it up on that platform. The j565 here works fine with TCMD and the same files. So TCMD is the common denominator IMO.

C:Amie, I think you hit it. The code in TCMD to reveal the file icon for the file is flawed. I'll em Ghisler to see if he's aware of it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-08-06 11:22 PM

If the first indexed icon in a .exe is higher than 8-bit, and there is no 2-bit, 4-bit or 8-bit substitute HPC Pro / 2000 will choke on it. Does the same happen in Windows Explorer?

hm, win explorer on the 900C did the same once (dunno why).. i'll stick to totalcommander...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I don't think it should affect CE4 cmonex, it supports 16-bit icon glyphs being drawn through the GWES.
I may well be wrong, it could have been down to a 32-bit choke
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe. but totalcommander doesn't choke on the same dir! so i conclude explorer is just crap...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9