x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PIM (contacts and calendar) sync on HP Jornada 720

Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-10-20 1:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello,
Is there a way to get contacts and calendar on Jornada?
Calendar
For a websync version of the calendar, I read on the forum, there was a program called goosync who helped to do it. Unfortunately it seems not to be active anymore. Is there an alternative way?

Contacts
For a local copy on jornada, I extracted in csv format from google and uploaded on outlook on windows XP but cannot see them on the jornada. Is there a way to have them sync over the web? Or at least a way to have them on windows XP and then on jornada.

Many thanks!

Edited by Albc 2021-10-20 1:50 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-20 2:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-10-20 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
If you're willing to forgo a home server, along with wifi synching, then a patched WMDC and an early version of Outlook (I use 32-bit 2010 Outlook on a 64-bit Win10 desktop) will allow the J to sync PIM stuff via a usb (on J's dock) connection. Such an arrangement will only work with HPC2000 and above.

Jake
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-11-19 8:44 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi Jake, i was able to let work WMDC on WIN10 64bit. I could surf among Jornada's files. I installed Outlook 2013, unfortunately my processor is 64bit and WMDC doesnt recognise PIM sync. How to let work a 32bit on a 64bit? A virtual machine? many thanks!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-11-19 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, Alberto--I use 32-bit Outlook 2010 with Win10 Home 64-bit (with patched WMDC) and I can sync with the J720 without VM, etc. I THINK OL 2010 was the last version that works with synching, but I'm not certain.

Jake
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-11-19 4:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

i would try!

i was considering outlook 2103 because of this video

Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-11-20 3:56 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

So if you want to sync your phone PIM with your HPC then there's a simple solution but this won't help for web based sync.

1st sync your Jornada with outlook (see post above if you don't know how)
2nd use VCorganizer to sync outlook with your phone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vecal.vcorganizer) - not sure if there is an iphone equivalent

I have a full android smart watch and use this so that I still have access to my diary should I not have my J728 to hand

Second option is to put the data file from outlook into google drive (other cloud services are available) and install outlook on the other computer you need to access your diary from and direct it to the data file in the google drive.

Most web to outlook or web to google converters are one way and don't allow sync.

Hope this helps

Edited by fantablium 2021-11-20 3:57 PM
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-11-25 7:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Guys, it works! it is incredible now my Jornada is almost an updated device! Mails, PIMs, some websurfing with the best portability, keyboard and battery time on the market!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-25 9:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which approach did you follow?
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-11-28 10:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Installed outlook 2007, sync using the USB Cradle! Unfortunately wasn’t able to find a 2010 and 2013 doesn’t allow me to sync PIMs
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2022-10-07 9:00 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi everybody, i would like to update my previous post since i was able to sync contacts, calendar and tasks on my gmail account on the Jornada 720.
I did it after I installed Microsoft Office 2010 on my Win10 machine and an add on called Outlook4Gmail.

https://outlook4gmail.scand.com/purchase/?utm_source=app&utm_medium=trial_end&utm_campaign=o4g_app

So each time i connect my jornada with the USB cable, i get updated contact list, appointments and to do list!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-09 8:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thanks for the update. What I’ve tried (and need to play with further ) is my Outlook 98 install with a Windows 2000 VM and I loaded my Outlook Hotmail contacts to it via csv. It doesn’t get all of the places filled out correctly but I probably need to play with the file and change the order of the fields so it’ll play nice with Outlook 98

Edit: Unrelated question

I saw your comment on the SCL for Opera Mini about the Opera Mobile Beta. Which exact cab file worked for you on the Jornada 720?
Did you have to modify any files on your Jornada (or add any dll or aygshell) or did it just run without modification (other than changing the date)?

If it just ran out of the box, I'll add 8.65 beta to the SCL (and of course credit you)

Edited by torch 2022-10-10 5:15 AM
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2022-10-16 7:27 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sorry for replying so late.

If you want to try, outlook4gmail is a great app and you get contacts, calendar and tasks updated automatically.

Opera
Here you can find the guide I wrote 1 year ago about opera:
https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20220&start=1

I downloaded it from here:
https://get.geo.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/865/

I can’t remember if it was 2003 or 5, but for sure it was the pocket pc version (not smartphone).

No need to change anything, it simply works after changing the date.

Let me know if you need any further help.
Best
Alberto

Edited by Albc 2022-10-16 8:31 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.164 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10