x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 12:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

This week I will be doing videos on:

Velo 1 Windows CE upgrade and 8mb ram card. Im not 100% sure if this ram card will work, but I have the 2.0 Rom module.

Casio A-11 (As long as I can power it up, unit works but it has rechargeable battery pack (that is dead) and doesnt have the battery door for standard AA batteries with it.) Dont really want to do a video if im stuck to a wall outlet. These are "portable devices" after all ;-)

Sharp ZR-3500X - I have not ever used Sharps software or connected my ZR to a PC, so this should be interesting and thanks to someone kind on here I have a bunch of software for the Sharp.

HP 360LX (Updated video) hoping to show connecting it to my WIFI network and checking my Gmail etc. I dont think there is a browser that will load any websites, but my goal is just to get it working with Gmail.

In these videos I will also be showing the process of connecting them to my Dell Latitude 2120 running Windows 7. I have VM running XP SP3, but without that 9 pin to USB adaptor I have yet to be able to even make sure that this will work. Fingers crossed both the Sharp and the CE devices connect and im able to do these videos. I also sent a message out to buy PocketDos, have not heard back yet. But if I hear back in time I will also show some stuff with DOS in the videos :-)

Woot !

-Walt B

Also, howd ya guys like my 360LX video ? No one commented so I must of done something wrong lol

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-01 12:27 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC General Discussion

Sounds like you are going to be busy this week!

You didn't get your video badge because you called up "HPC site" rather than HPC:Factor or perhaps better for signposting hpcfactor.com.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ooops my bad lol. Ill get it right in these new videos ;-)
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-05 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well I run into some issues with the Velo (Need 4mb or 8mb Ram module), and the Compaq H3955's need batteries that I cant even find. So I cant do a video on those and my Casio A-11 i have to wait on for a part that allows me to use standard AA batteries as the NiCad unit had leaked and was not good. Not even worth fixing. But I got a Serial cable and a Dock for the A-11, so I should be able to do a video on that hopefully this weekend.

I still have not gotten the 9pin to Usb adaptor either which was suppose to be here by now, so I cant do a video of connecting these palmtops to a computer etc. I wanted to show the Sharp ZR-3500X connecting to a PC and some of the software that someone was nice enough to send me. So that would of been the only non Windows CE video I was gonna do.

Also I was gonna show the SD to CF adaptor I bought for the 360LX, but that also is no where to be found and it was suppose to be here yesterday and the mail came today and nothing.

So lol! I am at a pause here it seems of getting any new videos up, but I thought id keep yall updated. Hopefully ill have videos up by next week latest.

Thanks yall

-Walt B

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-17 11:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

OK so here is where I am currently.

I got the HC-4000 in the mail today ! By the way im not sure why, but the box says its 4mb. But when I go to properties it says it has 12mb. Not sure if the person before upgraded this unit ? The rechargeable pack that came with the unit on first arrival was dead, I opened it up and the cells had not leaked. But the wiring was not completed (it was never plugged in). So i fixed that and I plugged in the AC and let it charge today and low and behold it holds a charge and im at about 2 hours or run time and it still says battery is Good. Ill get back to yall about that.

Im still waiting on a Casio A-10 that comes with the dock and the 9pin to USB adaptor. So i am almost to the goal of being able to do proper videos on the Velo, 360LX, Sharp HC-4000, Sharp ZR-3500X, Casio A-10 and A-11 and Compaq C-120 and C140.

Still looking for ram for the Velo and the Rom upgrade/Ram upgrade for the Casio A series or Compaq C120-140 series.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-17 11:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

HAHA right after I clicked submit on my last message the unit shut off. So the battery is good for a bout 2 hours. Luckily it came with battery door that holds standard AA batteries. ;-)

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-18 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Its in amazing condition, only thing missing is the little door cover for the serial port.
Came with box, cables, manuals, CDs etc.

Gonna order some new batteries and try repairing this pack.

-Walt B

More to come :-)

Heres my Compaq C140 and my Casio A-11

I have a working A-10 that just needs a new screen, hopefully the other unit im waiting for in the mails screen works ;-). I messed with the screen and itll let ya do the touch setup, but after you press enter to accept new settings. It will not respond to clicking start or the X to close windows out etc. I messed with it and it seems the ribbon cable for the touch screen is bad.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-18 1:17 AM
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-11-20 4:12 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

That HC-4000 looks to be in great condition!
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-20 9:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ Other than the little door that covers the serial port missing its in like new condition. Was a great buy.

Also I finally can do videos !!! Look what came today !!!

-Walt B

I downloaded all the unix files for the Mips processor and Im gonna mess with that on the HC-4000 tonight. This is my first time in years messing with Unix, so shall be a frustrating and enjoyable evening lol

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9