x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows Mediaplayer refusing to work....

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jack Martin Akesta - 2005-08-08 11:20 AM

Hey GUYS!
The solution is soooooooooo simple!
go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/windowsmobile/default.aspx
hack for a while!
Then yuhoo!
It works!
I will show you screen shots go to
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/microsoft/dot-net/012-media-player.gif

if only you would tell us how to do the hack in the first place...
and can you confim this device is hpc2000? it looks ce.net 4.x to me..

ahem now i see how you got the screenshot. from hpcfactor.. sorry but i won't believe you if you can't show one of your own screenshots...

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-08 12:00 PM
 Top of the page
Jack Martin Akesta
Jack Martin Akesta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 3:58 PM
#
Just Joking!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 4:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

very funny...
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 1:42 PM
#
Hey everyone,

ok I'm not posting with a question this time because I know how to rectify this problem, but i'm posting because it's just curious! The same thing has happened to me again, but with another album on my harddrive. An album which has previously played flawlessly on my Jornada 720, in windows media player from my 5GB pcmcia harddrive, has now developed the same problem I posted about origionall, at the start of some of the songs, the sliders for time and volume disappear and the player frezes, needing a reset. I know all I have to do is re encode them with WMP9 on the pc, but itsn't it strange!! It just develops!

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 1:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

humm, strange... but yet if you copy the file up again by hand it still refuses to play.

What if you drop it into main ram?
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 3:27 PM
#
well, I can't actually move the file. it won't transfer by active sync, once it hits that song, it stops transferring, locks up my 720 and I have to restart again, sam as if I try and copy and paste it into my Main 32MB or the Jornada. same erro, it won't move. I've just deleted the folder lol (that works) and I'll transfer the album again through WMP9, that sorted me out the last time.

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 4:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's... worrying
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 5:18 PM
#
Yes worrying is the word... especuially since this time, the fresh files coupled with being transferred with WMP9 didn't work..... same problem! I am really getting furious again, but am keeping my vocabulary in check

So,... the ONLY possible link that I can find to these tracks causing problems are that they are mp3's, It doesn't appear that the WMA files pose a problem. it's odd.

mp3's that I downloaded from the ineternet always have worked,... the only mp3's that WOULDN@T work,w as uif I had used a 3rd party program to rip a cd of mine into mp3 format, but then they just wouldn't play! at all.... on the jornada. Thats why I switched to using WMP to encode, cause WMA always worked.
I'm taking another stab at this, and will report on any improvments, or lack of. Incase it helps other people if they ever have the same prob as me.

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 6:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you get to the bottom of it, I for one will be interested to know what's causing it. Happy hunting.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 6:11 PM
#
WEll, on this occasion it worked... i have nearly listened to the album fully, and have had no trouble. The only thing I did different this time was change the transfer setting from 128KPBS bitrate, to the (recommended) allow to set own bitrate... and it is working now.
As to the cause of the fault, I am at a loss. It has happened, like this *clicks fingers* to files that have been working perfectly for MONTHS!

I'll keep you all posted if I discover more, but at the moment, it looks like if this happens to you you have to re rip your cd, or re download the music, and transfer it with WMP9.

hope this helps

................IB a n e
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 4:05 PM
#
OK! Follow up to my media player problem, the same thing has started happening except with a WAV file in BETAPLAYER! I discovered today while playing through some recordings I have made in the past, and on one in particular basically the same thing that happens with WMP happens with beta player! SOooo..... at this point in the game, I am betting the big money that it's something to do with the pcmcia harddrive I have, the memory is getting corrupted or something along the line! so I'm going to have to format it!!
I'm going to wait until i get access to a friends laptop (maybe another few weeks) because I haven't got the patience to back up over 2 gb with usb :S i'll transfer the whole drive onto the laptops HD , then format my storage card (any ideas as to how??) and then move everything back and see if anything has changed!.

Hope i'm getting to the solution of this weird problem,

.....IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 4:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Slide it in, open up my computer and right click the drive letter. Format is on the right click list.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 5:55 PM
#
mmm.. i won't be doing this for a while yet, but I had a check anyway, format isn't an option on the right click list for me. I'm running HPC 2000 Jornada 720.

..............IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 10:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The above was intended for 95, 98, Millennium, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 2:35 PM
#
Hey everyone! I'm back with some information to help anyone experiencing the above problems!

Ok Last time we spoke, I was off to transfer the 5GB HD harddrive contents onto my mates laptop, format it, then restore everything. I did this, and am home for christmas so I could try transferring the large files previously giving my gyp. The media player doesn't seem to be corrupting anymore!!!! and no longer does my transfer of large files freeze and disconnect! I transferred a 160MB video file last night and a 60MB one, to the harddrive. So it would seem folks, that the problem was, indeed with the pcmcia HD. After the format, it seems to be ok.

Just incase this helps anyone!!! and thanks to everyone for their continued support

Merry Christmas!

...........IB a n e
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11