x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1 Windows CE 2.0

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well I got the Rom and Ram and I installed both and the unit wouldnt power up. I took all the batteries out and let it sit for 10 mins. Took the Rom and Ram out and tried turning it on again (stock) and it wont turn on.
I have no idea what is going on. The unit worked 100% before I installed the rom and ram, but even after removing the rom and ram and resetting it, still no power. Anyone know of anything to try ?

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-01 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I did this upgrade back in 97 or so when I had my Velo new. Can anyone help me thru this process ? I managed to get the unit to power back up, but when I put the Velo 2.0 Rom into it and turned it back on its still Windows CE 1.0. What am I doing wrong here ?

Manual says to remove all batteries

Install Rom and Ram

Reinstall batteries

Thats about it. So im pretty lost here on what im doing wrong. Either the Rom card is bad or the Ram card is. But the Ram card is a 3.3v and I read more that it is indeed compatible with the Velo 1. So the ram is compatible.

When the 2.0 Rom card is installed i press the power button and I hear a click sound like the unit wants to boot to the 2.0 Rom but it doesnt power on. If I take out the Rom and Ram and batteries and let it sit 5+ mins and reinstall batteries it powers backup. But in CE 1.0 as I stated.

I just remember this being a boom bang and done when I did it back in the day, so i am not sure what is going on.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-01 8:29 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-02 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ive come to the conclusion that this PNY 8mb ram is not compatible. I dont know how, but this card will not work. I thought it maybe the 2.0 module, but im gonna say its the ram. Its 3.3v, looks identical to the Philips, same for factor etc. Im not sure why it wont work.

Anywhoo so I can not do a Windows CE 2.0 video.

If anyone has a 4mb or 8mb Philips memory card for a Velo they would be willing to sell thatd rock.

Thanks

-Walt B
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8