x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Media Player changed my CF card name -- what to do?

ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 11:07 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I installed the Windows Media Player, and as part of the install it replaced a disk access DLL. Don't remember the full name, but it had ATA in the name, so as soon as I saw it I figured I might have trouble -- okayed it anyway.

After a reset, the CF card changed its name from "Storage Card" to "Storage Card1", so now I can't access the programs installed there.

Is there a simpler way to solve this than going over all the links in the system and manually changing "Storage Card" to "Storage Card1"?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 11:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ET3D, the dll is ATADISK.dll under \windows

The dll is part of the DRM module for media player. I never allow it to overwrite, the DRM stuff requires Media Player 7, which in this day and age of Windows XP one doesn't have.

There is a way to fix the renaming of CF cards by permanently assigning a name to a card. It used PnP ID's and is comparitivly technical.
The CESD on it is here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0010.asp

The article is headded as HPC2000 on, it was branded that as I could conclusivly remember if it worked under Pro, I have been meaning to try it since I got the z50. I believe that it did work under Pro.
It doesn't work under 2.00.

If you try it, please let me know.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 11:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

This DLL is definitely problematic. Now whenever I reset, I get a message that a PC Card was detected, and this could cause problems when running on batteries. I figure that the CF card is detected as a PCMCIA card. Any way to restore the DLL to the original?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 12:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just delete it from \windows and soft reset. The ROM version will resurface.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 12:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks! That helped restore access to all my programs.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28