x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP800 WinCE2 Now Posting on HPCFACTOR via WRP/RasPi

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-02-01 2:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The dev has replied on Github
Hi thank you! Yes thats a very good suggestion. This aspect is controlled by the chromedp library I'm using (https://github.com/chromedp/chromedp). I will take a look to see if the browser location can somehow be passed on to chromedp context.
so hopefully he/she/they can find a way to implement my thought on browser dependencies.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-02-02 4:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2022-02-01 6:57 AM

The dev has replied on Github
Hi thank you! Yes thats a very good suggestion. This aspect is controlled by the chromedp library I'm using (https://github.com/chromedp/chromedp). I will take a look to see if the browser location can somehow be passed on to chromedp context.
so hopefully he/she/they can find a way to implement my thought on browser dependencies.

C:Amie: Great...a quick response too. You get a gold star IMO for your insight and effort on that one, and the response is very positive. As I work more with WRP I am very impressed with what it can do... here posting on "the HPCFactor ... from native WinCE... for example! Then, as you pointed out, it's so easy to customize. It's such a tiny program, and several can be run at once on different ports permitting surfing several different web pages or devices with diferent screen sizes. (Is that the idea you hink I should mention to the Dev)? I just now see the benefit of the Zoom factor... allows you to see pages with the edge cut off due to screen size limitations, etc.

I am also finding the Esp8266 Wifi-repeater works really well and in a reasonably secure way. I installed Pocket Putty (requires Redgear) per Jake's recommendation ...and it connects via telnet to the EspWifi and you can set the client limit to only "1" so no one else can connect, further you can give a "disconnect" command to disconnect from the SSID /internet AP when you're not connected, or sleep mode for x seconds. I find it easiest to unplug the Esp8266 if on battery via usb cable, or switched off if on AC, since it boots up so fast anyway.

I have been using the Aironet stock driver in max power save mode and page refresh was very slow... now changed to CAM... continuous connection I guess.... anyway, it's really zipping along fast on the refresh... like under 10 seconds on 2000 screen height! Best is no dongles, etc as with ethernet to ether2wifi (which I'm going to connect to the RasPi ethernet port with a static IP... then I will be able to connect at Starbucks, etc... as the Esp8266 will serve as setup router... I'll explain more later). Anyway, I will try the newer Aironet driver soon to compare.

A big shout out and thanks to Jake for getting us going in the very fruitful direction! Ntware too... I think he mentioned the esp8266 command options for security enhancement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Joval .... via J720/WinCE/Aironet340/Esp8266 wifi-repeater/RasPi4 +WRP/ PIE4
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-02-02 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
You're very welcome and I continue to be startled by the remarkable success of these new internet connections. Redgear does do a great job with Putty. And it's great that you're finding ways to minimize the external hardware.

With the esp8266 wifi-repeater, are you able to check your email? At least in DOS, with my ESP8266 wifi-to-ethernet firmware, I can't. The nameserver is perhaps an issue, as DNS resolution problems call for a proxy to truly surf. So this workaround may be shutting me out of email, but I'm not certain.

EDIT: figured it out: forgot that I had everything linked to Retro Proxy--I needed Analogx proxy, which allows https. I need a proxy for my lost mind.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2022-02-02 4:05 PM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-02-02 8:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Jake - 2022-02-02 7:35 AM

With the esp8266 wifi-repeater, are you able to check your email?

Jake

Hi Jake!

Thanks for the reminder... just checked Yahoo and received your email. Yes, I was able to log in and read it with WRP on my J72032Mb in WinCE! It wouldn't download of course but I'll have it soon on/via the RasPi. Thanks so much!

Yes, I remember as well, Cmonex was quite the rock star... and her Itemize site... quite a Treasure trove. ...who doesn't miss it.

Fortunately, C:Amie knows where most of the bodies are buried... along with the treasure! A Great Resource ... he seems to conger up all kinds of terrific solutions. His VxUtil recommendation is one of my favorite now that I'm online in WinCE... checks IP, sets Date/Time clock (which verifies internet connectivity).

Back then I knew nothing about coding... everything was over my head... I couldn't even boil water in the "ROM Kitchen." Now, I can sometimes do that...

Thanks again,

Joval

Edited by joval 2022-02-02 8:42 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8