x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New member with HP 660LX

Lorenzi Page Icon Posted 2022-01-30 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone!

My name is Lorenzo, and I am a vintage computer enthusiast. Aside from the HP 660LX, I also own a 1983 IBM 5160 (PC-XT), and a 1987 IBM PS/2 Model 30. I also have some 90s desktops including a Packard-Bell and an IBM tower, but I have not had much of a chance to experiment with those just yet.

I hope to put the 660LX to good use as a pocket PC and I look forward to learning more from you. So far I've been able to power it up, play solitaire, record voice messages, but not much else.

Thank you to the admins of this site for having me!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-01-31 2:46 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Glad to have you here. Along with all the info available for your 660LX, do have a look at the DOS Palmtop subforum--there are some posts that may give you internet ideas for your DOS machines and we would certainly welcome your opinions about such or something other.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2022-01-31 2:47 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-01-31 6:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The 660LX is a good device for taking notes/typing documents, with one of the better keyboards in the Handheld PC family. I think you'll find as you tinker with it more over time, it'll serve many uses.
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2022-01-31 5:32 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Welcome

And I recommend to install "PocketDOS" as your first additional software. It transforms your machine into a full DOS-palmtop without the heavy cost for an HP200LX. I mostly run DOS-programs on my HPs.

-Stefan
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10