x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where to go for Windows CE 2.0 software?

Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently got a Compaq 2010c and I need to know where to go for software as I havent made enough posts to access the SCL. I'll take any suggestions as I really want to get my HPC working for more things than just preinstalled software and I don't want to have to comb through 100s of forum posts to find a maybe still working website. I'm sorry if posts like this arent allowed so feel free to remove it if it goes against a rule I missed.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 9:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No rules against it at all. We're not Russian state media

Honest answer is probably that we're the last one standing I'm afraid.
 Top of the page
Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah it seemed that this was the only place I could apart from a few developer websites but they didnt have much. Is there a post threshold before you get scl access or is it just mod discretion?
 Top of the page
Ameowli Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It's perceived that SCL access is kept secret; though with a small monetary donation, you can become a Subscriber and the SCL is made available to you then.

Elsewise, you could try poking around the Internet Archive-- you might be able to find software that way, either through the Archive proper or through the Wayback Machine.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 6:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You don't have to just look for CE 2.0 software. There's a port of .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP3 for CE 2.0, which can enable you to use many .NET CF-based apps originally written for Pocket PCs:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1040/dstefanov/Microsoft_.NET_Compact_Framework_1.0_SP3_for_Windows_CE_2.00/2.01
 Top of the page
Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So the only way to access the SCL is to donate otherwise I just have to poke around Internet archive or use the .net patch?
 Top of the page
null1024 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 4:30 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I've used .NET CF on my CE 2.0 machine (admittedly, my CE2.0 device is SH3 instead of MIPS, so I dunno how different the situation is there), and it's a bit rough. A lot of stuff just doesn't work/only works occasionally, and if I open/close a .NET program more than a few times, system stability starts to come into question.
It's still quite useful if you're writing your own software and can explicitly avoid doing the various things that don't work (something as simple as having a program auto-maximize itself made it stop working under CE2.0 vs when I was running it on my CE2.11 device), but pretty much all .NET CF programs I've run that I haven't written myself just don't work under CE2.0.
 Top of the page
Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't intend on writing my own software however one of my mates said he might have a go
 Top of the page
Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-08 7:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did a little looking on internet archive and I dont know if I'm using the wrong search terms but all I could find was a few microsoft published discs. Also found the original disc for my device which will be really helpful.

Edited by Chukibrunki95 2022-03-08 7:18 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 11:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All I can suggest it becoming a bronze subscriber if you don't want to wait
 Top of the page
Chukibrunki95 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

How long do I have to wait or do I just have to whip out my card?
 Top of the page
hipacky Page Icon Posted 2022-05-31 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did find a few software on the Internet Archive but not much. I also cant download from HPC yet, as I did have an account back many years ago but cant remeber anything from it (username, pass, email I used), so I'm starting from scratch and trying to get my HPC running again. I have just found my 200LX and Cassiopeia and am having a great time using them again, but I do miss all the apps I had back in the day. Most of them I cant even remember the name

First thing I did this time was write an automatic backup/restore batch file for the 200LX so I dont risk loosing everything again if it goes back in the drawer for some reason. I do remember having an automated backup app for Windows CE back then, but I'm still trying to remeber its name so I can try to locate it online.
 Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-06-01 6:46 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Which Cassiopeia do you have? You can check this CF Backup or this Card Backup Tool for your Cassiopeia.
 Top of the page
hipacky Page Icon Posted 2022-06-01 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

archival36 - 2022-06-01 2:46 PM

Which Cassiopeia do you have? You can check this CF Backup or this Card Backup Tool for your Cassiopeia.

I have the A-20.

Thanks, I will check those out as soon as I get home, really appreciate it!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12