x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 620lx sync cable wiring diagram

1 2
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2005-04-04 5:02 PM

The real problem with making your own is getting the legacy, proprietary hp RS232 connector.
I have never been able to source them.

I've never seen one either. eBay.

Nick
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I also suggest buying one on ebay, but $60 is way too much for a cable. I suggest you some links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29842&item=5766092885&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
~$28 USD S&H included

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29842&item=5766822391&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
~$22 USD S&H included, Just ships to US, Canada and the UK

Both auctions still have plenty of time left
 Top of the page
donavan
donavan Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 9:46 PM
#
This is a request for any one willing. If anyone has some time and a multimeter(with continuity tester) and is willing to map out this simple little cable you would undoubtedly be helping many of us out. If you don't have a continuity tester you can make one with a battery flashlight buld, some tape and a couple of peice of small wire.

-------[battery]-----{bulb}----------
If you need instruction on how to do the mapping I will be glad to help.

There are 9 pins on the PC side and 10 very small pins on the HPC side.

The goal here is to find a way to elminate the need for HP's cord and provide a work around once cords become unavailable (or become to expensive) even through ebay. The installation of a 9pin serial port on the back of the sync cradle seems the easiest though, installing one on the 6xx seems plausable.

I would love to do it myself but I don't have a cord. I am however willing to do a complete tutorial/writeup. I order to do this the pinout is absolutley essential
 Top of the page
donavan
donavan Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 6:23 PM
#
Ok folks here is the schematic for the sync cable. I have included a schematic for the attaching of a 9 pin serial cable to the sync craddle, this will be useful if you cord is shot but you have a good craddle. I hope this is self explanitory if not let me know.

(620diagram.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 620diagram.JPG (31KB - 276 downloads)
 Top of the page
PS - Quick Checkin
PS - Quick Checkin Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 1:16 AM
#
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 7:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Blimey!

Good show there sir!
 Top of the page
donavan
donavan Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 10:06 AM
#
Yeah I think it is all correct but those wires are small so you never know. If anyone finds and error let me know I will fix the diagram.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, PS is here?
 Top of the page
Guest561
Guest561 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 12:41 PM
#

Thiankyou for the diagram and it is 100% correct.I have done it using an old serial cable and it worked.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.421 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 30