x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wifi site survey tools for hpc2000

DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 1:04 PM
#
hello!
let me first introduce myself. My name is Dionisis, I'm from Greece, active node of the Athens Wireless Metropolitan Network (AWMN ) and owner of a Jornada HPC 728. I got and use with my jornada 2 wireless cards (cisco 352 & intel 2011).

My most important problem with both of them is that they lack a site survey tool that can present on screen all the wireless access points that are in range. An example is wififofum that only works on ppc2003 (http://www.aspecto-software.com/WiFiFoFum/) and is perfectly tested with cisco. This tool is totally awesome! Tried also to work ministumbler with cisco but had no success.

Does anyone know a similar utility for hpc2k or a way to make wififofum work for us?

Any kind of advice or clues are welcome
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 1:17 PM
#
MiniStumbler
PocketWarrior
WinC

Those are the top 3 that I know of.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the third one is called pocketwinc (winc is the mainstream windows version)
only pocketwinc will work with the cisco.. of course it's a ppc program, but we hacked it successfully
download the hacked version here: izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php
(i haven't tested the free version with cisco, but the commercial 2.0 version works for sure. the free version should too)

and, abyssknight, you're not funny, i *actually* see your IP!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Pocketwinc - GPS support? I don't member. I used it once on the ppc and didn't like it. It locked up a lot.

PocketWarrior, hacked, is the best IMO. GPS support and very few extra files dumped into \windows. IIRC, Ministumbler loaded \windows with drivers and bitmaps.

But, since I'm all prism here (with my Spectrum exceptions), I didn't need to hunt very hard for something that supported prism.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 2:07 PM
#
I love my signature. lol.
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 2:59 PM
#
Guys thanks a lot! I justed installed and tested pocketwinc and seems perfect!!! Special thanks to cmonex for the most helpful advices
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-08 8:06 PM

Pocketwinc - GPS support? I don't member. I used it once on the ppc and didn't like it. It locked up a lot.

PocketWarrior, hacked, is the best IMO. GPS support and very few extra files dumped into \windows. IIRC, Ministumbler loaded \windows with drivers and bitmaps.

But, since I'm all prism here (with my Spectrum exceptions), I didn't need to hunt very hard for something that supported prism.

i very much like pocketwinc... it has some cool functions. doesn't lock up for me.. of course it doesn't have GPS support, nor logging. but it isn't designed for that (unlike ministumbler), it's more of a wifi site survey tool with some extra functions and recognizes some problematic adapters that ministumbler doesn't...
funny but i didn't like pocketwarrior, it is almost the same as ministumbler. maybe ministumbler puts stuff in windows folder but it won't need that afterwards, as it works after a hard reset too without reinstall... i surely need ministumbler when i want to log the hotspots..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 3:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

DeathDeal - 2005-08-08 8:59 PM

Guys thanks a lot! I justed installed and tested pocketwinc and seems perfect!!! Special thanks to cmonex for the most helpful advices

cool
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 4:14 PM
#
Hey, this helped me out too. It'll be handy for detecting hotspots when I get back to uni (hope they have teh wifif access up and running again! lol)

...........IB a n e
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28