x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 95 IBM 330 ActiveSync 3.1

« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-12 9:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a reasonable chance that it will offer basic sound functionality yes. No advanced features as that requires card specific drivers.

Windows 95: Try sbw9xup.exe from https://www.philscomputerlab.com/creative-labs-drivers.html
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-12 10:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-06-12 9:31 AM

There is a reasonable chance that it will offer basic sound functionality yes. No advanced features as that requires card specific drivers.

Windows 95: Try sbw9xup.exe from https://www.philscomputerlab.com/creative-labs-drivers.html

So, before trying to install the file you suggested, I uninstalled everything right. Windows has detected the card and asks me for the drivers to install.
This time I went to look in the peripherals to see what windows were telling me. And it tells me that it has detected the new component with the name of: ViBRA16xPNP
https://ibb.co/N31f7fj
Do I still try to install the file you suggested?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-12 10:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go for it, it'll either work or it wont.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 8:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Here is the result. I have a doubt, I hope the sound card is not faulty ...

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 9:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Pretty sure that I said earlier not to run two sound cards in the system at once

I assume that the error on the SB16 P&P equates to resource conflicts?

Pull the Ad lib card or if it is on-board, disable it in the BIOS.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 5:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

In Creative Sound Blaster 16 plug and play conflicting device list:
Interrupt level 05 used by:
IRQ management for PCI Steering.
Input / output range 0388 - 038B used by:
Ad Lib Gold compatible (OPL3)
What should I do?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 6:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2022-06-11 2:00 PM
Try it in the other ISA slot too - but don't put both in at the same time!

C:Amie - 2022-06-13 9:52 AM

Pretty sure that I said earlier not to run two sound cards in the system at once

Pull the Ad lib card or if it is on-board, disable it in the BIOS.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 8:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

The old sound card has been removed. In its place, on the same ISA slot, is the new sound card.
I would like to emphasize, if I put the old sound card the problem disappears, but if I insert the new one, this problem arises!

Now honestly, I've checked the bios, but there doesn't seem to be any options to disable this Ad lib card ...
Furthermore, the PC has no integrated sound card. Currently, only the Creative Sound Blaster 16 is connected.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-06-13 9:08 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-13 10:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, with the ad-lib removed, the error should have changed. What is the error now? Just IRQ 5?

I take it that the ad-lib is no longer in device manager?

Uninstall the two creative devices in device manager and reboot, that might force it to re-poll. If it still errors, you need to look in the BIOS for static IRQ assignments and clear them (or reset the BIOS).
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 12:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I tried to switch slots, but the problem remained. So I deleted all the drivers including Ad Lib Gold compatible (OPL3) by clicking on the "disable it in this hardware profile" option, restarted the pc, installed the Creative drivers and finally no problems or compatibility conflicts! Now I can enjoy good audio!
However I do not understand this strange problem that has presented itself to me .... I do not understand it!
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 1:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Look, I've never thought about it, but is it possible to find the Dial Up Networking 1.4 file in Italian using https://web.archive.org? I'm trying, but I can't figure out how to access the Italian page of the Microsoft site ...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 2:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

NarakuITA - 2022-06-14 12:59 PM

I tried to switch slots, but the problem remained. So I deleted all the drivers including Ad Lib Gold compatible (OPL3) by clicking on the "disable it in this hardware profile" option, restarted the pc, installed the Creative drivers and finally no problems or compatibility conflicts! Now I can enjoy good audio!
However I do not understand this strange problem that has presented itself to me .... I do not understand it!

Which problem?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 2:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-06-14 2:43 PM

NarakuITA - 2022-06-14 12:59 PM

Which problem?

No, no problem.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 6:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

One thing, I've never installed Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8. But I stayed at 3.1 which works great.
On your advice, I wanted to upgrade to 3.8. However, once installed, it gives me the following two errors:

Registry Settings Failed
Setup Failed to create one or more system registry settings. Microsoft ActiveSync may not function properly until there settings are created.
You may need to run Setup again for ActiveSync to function properly. Setup will now continue.

And then the message appears:

Error Starting Program
A required .dll file ws2.32.dll, was not fount.

So I uninstalled it and tried version 3.7, the only one I found in Italian. Even with this usual problem! Why does 3.1 work great and later versions don't?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-14 7:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suspect because you are running an unpatched Windows 95 install. You need to install WinSock 2.0 (ws2)
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.220 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8