x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 95 IBM 330 ActiveSync 3.1

« Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-08 10:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Okay, but in this case I was referring to the CF UDMA 7 problem on write and read speed. I'll let you know when the USB adapter arrives.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-08 10:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I took a picture of the windows 2000 problem so as to understand what he doesn't like about my PC.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-07-08 10:29 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-08 12:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you try and boot from the CD in any other computer? My first guess would be that the CD has an issue. Second guess would be that it is something on the IDE controller that it doesn't like. Does it do the same thing with BOTH CF adapters?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-08 2:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

So then, with this motherboard, it is not possible to start the installation directly from the CD. Whatever it is. Boot Floppies are required for all operating systems. In windows 2000 after loading the fourth boot floppy, the blue screen appears.
If I install windows 2000 as an update, once the installation is finished, when windows 2000 starts, a blue screen appears.
The update I did it only on CF UDMA 7.
But if I want to install the system, like new, I can't. After loading the fourth floppy, blue screen. Keep in mind that I created multiple boot floppies, thinking that the latter were the problem. But the error appears every time.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-09 11:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It doesn't like something in the computer. Most annoying. All you can do is remove unnecessary hardware/disable it in the BIOS and see if you can identify it.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-09 6:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

At this point, I think I'll keep Windows 98SE.
I will focus on understanding the "plug" that does not allow the CF to read and write faster.
In so much I wait for the arrival of the USB adapter, to do the speed tests.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-11 3:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Fair enough ^__^
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-14 1:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I uploaded the video to show you the startup and the responsiveness of some programs to start.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bnKNaSY4pbP8AQD91fx_yYLVArji9Rqu/view?usp=sharing
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-14 2:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So this is the wee beasty, huh?

I'd disable active desktop if you haven't already, that might improve desktop composition and the logon lag with the black screen.

App starting is about what I expected.

Looks like it struggled with the video, though that could just be the CD buffering rather than the CPU or GPU. Difficult to tell without a resource monitor (1 up for Windows 2000).

I really don't miss CRT's though

Looking good though! I don't think I have ever seen Windows in Italian... or a BIOS for that matter. One of the few I haven't. Thanks for sharing.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-15 12:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

It was a pleasure to share the video!
For buffering, the video only presents that problem at the beginning, then it stabilizes and there are no more problems.
The video jerky, even though it is on the hard drive.
When I start the video, it seems to me that it loads the whole video and once it's finished uploading, the video plays smoothly.
Eventually I was convinced and took a USB 2.0 card. I am noticing that there is an internal attack. As if you could put a small removable hard drive inside your PC.
I was wondering out of curiosity if it is not possible to use it as a primary disk to install windows. Maybe it's even faster!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-15 7:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only if the controller exposes an opROM.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-18 10:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Good news, I thought about it and decided to get the 200MHZ processor.
Now, in order not to make a mistake, let's review what we said. So as not to waste money.
These were some processors we had seen: and
I took pictures of the motherboard and some parts, to be sure of compatibility:
It should be the serial of the motherboard: Motherboard - Serial
System Summary Here it marks a processor speed of 100MHhz, as well as finding other features.
Product data Here you see various information such as Machine Model and System Serial Number.
Some information with the program CPU-Z: Motherboard
Intel Processor Adapter
Here we have the Socket 7. Other information (Curiosity even if a Socket 7 is physically mounted in the PC CPU-Z indicates a Socket 5).
Other information obtained with Norton. More information on the plate under the pc.
Motherboard map.
Motherboards - Site (This site offers interesting information on the motherboard and it should be mine.)
Now the only inconsistency besides the socket is that some information says I have a P54C, while others a P59T. I made a report as detailed as possible.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-07-18 11:01 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-19 10:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you go back to the motherboard manual PDF I posted way back, it tells you what the compatible CPUs are. I also provided you with the Intel SL codes for the CPUs in the range. Buy using the SL code.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-19 6:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-05-25 6:10 PM

A 100MHz? :S
That doesn't correlate with the 5/2/6 sspec :S

If it's a 100 then it is a P54C in a Socket 7 package. :S

According to page 57 of the manual PDF I posted on Page 1 of this thread, it'll take 75, 90, 100, 120, 133, 150, 166 and 200MHz.

So the answer is no, the current CPU will not take the 512KB L2 cache chip. you will have to swap the CPU out for one of the below for that.
200MHz
166MHz

Yes, in fact the two processors are exactly the ones you told me, which are compatible. (As the title suggests SY045 - Italian Seller or As the title suggests SY045 - German Seller
Obviously on the ebay site in Italian, not in the English one.
Yes, I remember the manual, but if I made a detailed report it is because there are some things that do not coincide.

This is what a processor dealer wrote to me:
Hello,

From what I've found on some German bulletin boards the IBM 330 6577 supports 200MHz by using Intel Pentium Overdrive and even 233Mhz by using Pentium 233MMX. Here jumper and FSB settings are important and latest BIOS is required of course.

Sorry for providing German sources but you might use a translation tool. Please see:

https://de.wikibrief.org/wiki/IBM_PC_Series
https://www.nickles.de/forum/mainboards-bios-prozessoren-ram/2004/ibm-pc-330-350-modell-no-6577-welche-cpu-moeglich-537587410.html

Best regards

It even claims that I can go up to 233Mhz. Let's say 200Mhz is enough for me. But why do the German sources state otherwise?
Now on the German forum they say this: (translated)
You have to jump the clock frequency to 100MHz, then the multiplier is 1.5x!

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-07-19 6:55 PM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-19 6:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I am reading that it supports up to windows 2000, very strange since it rejects it!
You can also install windows xp, but it becomes unreliable (always described on the site). I no longer know if this information is correct, for this I wrote to you, and as I said I made a detailed report of my PC. I got into confusion.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-07-19 7:00 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9